Different Voices

Feb 10, 2008
The edge of Forever
I've always been wondering this: There are some songs by SX that have parts where it sounds like someone else is singing. A good example is in King of Terrors, around 3:15. It sounded like someone else. A few other parts I was curious about:

* The Walls of Babylon (Beginning female voice, I'm pretty sure it's just like the keyboards or something).

* The beginning choir part of Divine Wings of Tragedy.

* A Fool's Paradise ( Dies Irae, Dies Illa, Solvet Saeclum in
favilla part)

* At the very end of Revelation.

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!

1. I think that The walls of Babylon female voice intro is apparently done with a computer program.

2. The DWOT intro choir is all layered Russel Allen.

3. That's Russel

4. That's Russel singing a bit differently.

Oh, and the King Of Terrors 'speaking part'... I believe that's also Russel.

If someone has proof of me being wrong about any of these, feel free to correct me.

Wow, I guess I can believe all of the others, but hte very last part of Revelation, I can't believe that's him. It sounds like it's the same voice(s) from at the beginning in Oculus ex Inferni.
I was just wondering because I thought it would be interesting to see if maybe it was some of the other band members. By the way, does anyone know of any songs that feature the other members singing? I've heard all of their songs, but if anyone told me here I could go and listen for it and that would be cool.

What part of Revelation are you talking about? The last chorus (in Ebm), or the part right before the Divine Wings reprise (theme from Oculus ex Inferni)?

The choral intro to Divine Wings and the spoken part in King of Terrors are both done by Russell.

I've always wondered what the voices in Walls of Babylon were saying (in the intro and over the main intro riff). I'm sure it's something in Latin, but I'd like to know!

I may be wrong about this, but I don't think the non-Russell members sing on the albums - only live. Perhaps some of the choral parts feature them (mainly Romeo and Pinnella), but I doubt it. Jax - would you mind asking MJR this?

Ok. I'm not sure what part of Revelation you are talking about and I can't get to listen that song right now so I can't check...

In revelation, two parts:

8:21 - 8:37
(Oculus theme)

8:37 to end
(DWoT part)

And by the way, what does Oculus Ex Inferni mean? I've looked everywhere and I can't find it. I know Divus (actually divinus) Pennae ex tragoedia is DWoT. But I can't find out what Oculus ex Inferni is.

And yeah, I know what you mean. I've wondered that too. Also, the DWoT part I mentioned. Wonder what they're saying there?

(Dammit, it just keeps coming.) Hope I'm not getting annoying, but there's like, latin - type singing in Prelude. I highly doubt that's Russel. Any ideas?

That's what I thought.
Okay, so now almost everything is solved here.

The voices on Prelude is all I wonder now.
If that's Russel, then damn he has so many different voices and that just makes him more kick ass.

He's still kick ass even if it isn't him.

Doesn't matter. What he's saying is that Romeo did the voice himself on The Dark Chapter, and then also did it on King of Terrors after joining Symphony X.

I know what he's saying, dude. He also said that because we're saying Russ did it on KoT, that this kinda means he did it on Romeo's solo album. I know he doesn't believe that, but I was further clarifying that it would be impossible for Russ to have done it on Romeo's album.