Dig this: I'm a teacher and I just used CoB in my first lesson!

Do you talk the same way you type when you are at the head of the class?

"So like, what do you think of these lyrics and everything?"

Ehhh... I'd be tempted to walk right out of the class.

The Bringer said:
Do you talk the same way you type when you are at the head of the class?

"So like, what do you think of these lyrics and everything?"

Ehhh... I'd be tempted to walk right out of the class.

Yeah, I thought the same thing....but I know some peoples' typing tendencies differ from their speaking tendencies.

Mellow out dudes! I'm not a teacher yet! I'm just student teaching! I gots ta get hired on somewhere.

I would love to move to Canada. That or one of the Noridc countries. Or back home to Ireland even.

Well, I'm not even a big death metal fan per se. I don't even really consider CoB to be death metal. Sure, Alexi Laiho does the whole throat vocals thing, but he's just more discernible than the average grunter and groaner like say Glen Benton (who I can't stand). Also, I just find CoB's music to be more...ambient than death metal. There just seems to be a little more substance to it than just the violent mood, but maybe that's just me. People ask "What do you call them then? What genre?" I say "They're Children of Bodom metal and there aren't any others!". Really, in the last few years I"ve noticed that my leanings go toward thrash and power metal. One would think I like Iced Earth then, but I don't. They're just so...okayish.

Black metal? Here's my problem with playing that in the classroom. See, usualy when people say "No religion in the classroom!" they mean Christianity specifically. So I think if it's not "right" to teach one certain mode of belief in the classroom, then it's just as wrong to teach the exact opposite. And really, that's what black metal is. That's why it's 'black' metal. Of course, I find this all to be insanely hypocritical. I mean, Walt Whitman's poems are theology too. Same with the works of Ayn Rand. And that shit is definately allowed in theclassroom, even encouraged. But...you can't try and discuss the most famous and influential book in the Western world, even as just a text. So until it's okay to teach or read one side of the coin, I refuse to allow the other on principle. I'm a fair guy, so Satan doesn't get his fair shake until God does to, catch my drift? Then students can decide and debate. But I refuse to give them one side of the coin because of politically correct hysteria, because Lord knows if I have them analyze Psalm 23 or the Sermon on the Mount (which is actually kind of communist, which schools love) then they may come out of class speaking in tounges and going to NASCAR races! Or something. But that's my reasoning.

Anyhow, next song I'm doing is Master of Puppets.

PS my favorite band is Blind Guardian.

OMG! Dude, that's the coolest thing i'v ever heard and that is so true! LOL, playing Bodom in class and seeing how good the lyrics are is something you can definetly feel. When you listen to the music seperately from the lyrics, it's one thing , but with both it would totally give you a certain kind of feeling!

Damien Jasper: You will be one heck of a teacher! Yup, Bodom is definetly not death metal, or like power metal.

I know someone would say somthing about black metal, but the lyrics are really beautiful. I think they are really poetic esp. stuff from Cradle of Filth, Rotting Christ, and Mayhem.

Damien Jasper said:
By the way, does Alexi Laiho look a lot like a 1988 Axl Rose or is it just me?

+12.

However, Alexi Laiho>Alx Rose

axl-p1-1.jpg

tr00_gr1m_and_n3cr0.jpg

You really don't think so?

Axl never did get the memo: When you schedule yourself for a show, you're supposed to show up and when you show up, you're supposed to FINISH the show.

Ya know, just watched that 10 minute interview with Alexi Laiho for guitarworld (easy to find on Youtube). He actually seems a little shy. I sort of thought he would have a much heavier Finish accent.

But he DOES indeed mention Slash by name! What that has to do with my point about him looking like Axl I'm not sure...just seemed worth noting.

haha,what a coincidince you started your sentence with "ya know" after watching that interview

Damien Jasper said:
Ya know, just watched that 10 minute interview with Alexi Laiho for guitarworld (easy to find on Youtube). He actually seems a little shy. I sort of thought he would have a much heavier Finish accent.

But he DOES indeed mention Slash by name! What that has to do with my point about him looking like Axl I'm not sure...just seemed worth noting.

So if I mentioned in an interview that I like Slash, it means I look like Axl Rose too? :Smug:

Conti said:
haha,what a coincidince you started your sentence with "ya know" after watching that interview
If it was like Alexi, it would be more like...:

Jasper said:
Ya know, just watched that 10 minute interview with Alexi Laiho for guitarworld (easy to find on Youtube). He actually seems like, a little shy, ya know? Like, I sort of thought he would like, have a much heavier Finish accent.

But he like, DOES indeed mention Slash by name! What that has to do with my point about him looking like Axl I'm not sure ya know...just seemed worth noting.

Although, Im sure Alexi could fit more in.