Dime's guitar sound

Jesus christ get off your fucking horse. So what I am an asshole for wanting my own tone? Jesus, fucking christ get a personality and stop the cloneing. "Get a Randall" fuck that noise. Solid state garbage. Tube sounds so much better. Even Dime came around to that eventually.

Besides: Tone has nothing to do with the dude, he could have played through a shelf unit stereo and he still would have owned.

Thank you for enlightening me, Oh Mighty Master of Metal. Where would I be without your guidance???

OH MY GOD!

HIDE ME!

Yeah, you'd better find a really good hiding place cause they will have an army of fake metal kids along with them that will acuse the guy in your sig to have stolen the guitar from Heafy and that will make them even more dangerous! :heh:

BTW: In terms of "defending real metal" and so on Trivium might be the next Manowar instead of the next Metallica. :lol:

BTW 2: Can someone who's privileged to do so move the corresponding posts of this thread to a new Trivium-Bashing-Thread? I think we (or they haha) really deserve one by now. :worship:

The fact is dimebag loved the fast attack and heavy distortion of transistor amps, so that's why he was using those randall's.
here in this clinic dimebag explains why, I can't remeber which part, the videos has been chopped in several parts so I don't know in which one he explains the reason of the transistor thing.
Watch those videos!! very good clinic!
Dimebag was a very talented guy who did great solos with melodies with his unique style, that bluesy stuff was great!
The tone was very unique, a lot of people don't like it while others were impressed cause it was revolutionary as Genius said.

What do you guys think of this guitar tone? http://student-kmt.hku.nl/~tymon/mp3/Tymon - Pantera Rip 2.mp3

Kinda tried to get a Pantera like sound... obviously.

Fucking awesome dude:headbang: , I think it could use some more those mids Dime was always talking about, i wish he was more specific. I know too many people who just crank the mid knob on the amp and it sounds aweful. I know he used a 6 band PEQ and my guess it was the upper mids he played with.