Dimmu Borgir cover

Jan 10, 2005
cobhc did the drums and the bass programming, I laid down the guitars which are 4 tracks of XSr™ into Marshall 2x12 (I think I mic'ed the V30 that's in it...but could be T75? I have both in it so...) with an SM57 into a Focusrite RED pre. Not finished just yet, but as far as tone, etc. you know the drill :)

Here it is!

If anyone wants to contribute the keys for this, it would be extremely appreciated...vocals too! C'mon guys!

~e.a

Fuck yea Ken, I would love it if you laid the vox and keys down for this! I'll finish the guitars tonight or tomorrow and post it. :)

~e.a

Haha @ kev.

Well...it's wierd in this cab because it's oversized so the T75's don't sound like they do in your typical 4x12, but it also makes the V30 a bit darker sounding...and with a head cranked up you can't really tell the difference to be honest...it's all in the sound when you record it, as in after the fact. I haven't changed which speaker I'm mic'ing simply because the one I found a position on sounds good already...so why fuck with it? :p

~e.a

elephant-audio said:
Haha @ kev.

Well...it's wierd in this cab because it's oversized so the T75's don't sound like they do in your typical 4x12, but it also makes the V30 a bit darker sounding...and with a head cranked up you can't really tell the difference to be honest...it's all in the sound when you record it, as in after the fact. I haven't changed which speaker I'm mic'ing simply because the one I found a position on sounds good already...so why fuck with it? :p

~e.a

interestin'! What position btw?

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear what it sounds like with vocals. I have a couple of songs that I need vocals on if anyone is interested...

Jackal - I didn't do the bass or drums, they are very phat, I'll agree, but I like it like that. If you're listening on like, small desktop speakers, it'll sound boomy, but like on my Sony 1600w Home Theater system it sounds great. And in the car. :)

~e.a