Dinner on Friday the 3rd of Oct.

Sp¦atter and I will be there even if we have to leave at 4am to make it - I can say that since I like morning and don't have to drive ;P

Reservations are a good idea... last year they had lots of room and food but we ended up moving tables and were a bit in the way. Surely with some planning they can do a better job of positioning us at tables of 8-12 people.

The food is GREAT. There's even dessert, but without Leggie chanting, "Ananas! Ananas!" it won't be as sweet ;)

can I sit inbetween you two lovebirds? :saint:

can I sit inbetween you two lovebirds? :saint:

You're just hoping to catch some under-the-table action, aren't you? Well, the joke is on you! We actually EAT at the supper table!! :heh:

Are you coming to our house first? Road trip! Party time! Excellent! :headbang:

You're just hoping to catch some under-the-table action, aren't you? Well, the joke is on you! We actually EAT at the supper table!! :heh:

Are you coming to our house first? Road trip! Party time! Excellent! :headbang:

no I'm just jealous you actually got Kalle :D

Yes, I'm planning to get the flight on thursday to swizerland and join your joyride...

no I mean roadtrip :headbang:

What with our plane only landing at 17:15 in Eindhoven and me not having actually piloted an internal combustion vehicle for nearly half a year now, I don't if we'll make it to Baarlo with time to spare--OR AT ALL!!! At any rate, we may or may not be there. You'll be able to tell by the presence or absence of my glow. Rule of thumb: if there's something you can BASK in, I'm probably there.

no I'm just jealous you actually got Kalle :D

Yes, I'm planning to get the flight on thursday to swizerland and join your joyride...

no I mean roadtrip :headbang:

Aww, but you can have Kalle anytime you like because he has a note! I'm often jealous of myself for having Kalle :D

Either way, please feel free to wrap a wonton around his eggroll and enjoy the sweet and sour sauce at supper :saint:

that does not give me nice images. :puke:

My work here is done :lol:

Actually, the food at the place in Baarlo is the closest to a North American style Chinese restaurant I've encountered over here. The sweet and sour red sauce is perfect. I think my buffet trips will include wonton soup to begin, one trip for the fried foods and red sauce, a second to cover veggies and sushi, then one for dessert. Mmmmmm.

Count me in. Friday 3rd is a national holiday in Germany, so I have no problems beings early in Baarlo in this year. Perhaps I missed it in the previous postings, but did we agree on some time for the diner yet? Or is there some meeting point for us before the diner at Casteel de Berckt?

Oooh! Planning! Yes! My favourite hobby!!!

How about we all meet in the court yard of the Kasteel at 6pm and walk to the restaurant for 6:30pm (when supper begins)?

It's not really my planning since we're limited by the restaurant opening at 6:30! But OK, I guess some people need more than 30 minutes to eat and get to the venue. You calling me a pig? Huh? :poke:

Alright, we'll have to have a local (Marcel?) investigate if it's just the buffet that's open at 6:30pm or if the door are shut until then. We can go for 6pm or earlier, but you might have to eat menu food as opposed to the buffet :p

Edit: Or I'm completely reading Marcel's times wrong and he means the venue opens at 6:30! I'm way too used to Switzerland and France not opening restaurants until 7pm or later :(

The internet seems to think it's open from 11:30 to 22:00... so shall we leave for supper from the Kasteel at 5pm? :)

Meeting at 17:00 in the Kasteel sounds good. How long does it take to walk to the restaurant? Perhaps we should define two meeting points, like 17:00 at the caste and 17:30 at the restaurant, for those not staying at Kasteel de Berckt.

We'll arrive between 16:30 and 16:50 to the Kasteel, so we'll just check in, drop our bags and head out.

17:00 at the Kasteel, maybe a 20 minute walk (?) and we'll see everyone else there around 17:30.

Sound like a better plan? :kickass: