Dio vs Ozzy solo careers

"Holy Diver" is a good song but it's no way the best on that album. My personal favorite would be "Straight Through The Heart", fucking awesome and groovy riffing and drumming. Countless times i've almost caused car accidents by air drumming to the intro.

Dio's work with Sabbath was better

Fail.

Anyway, Dio's solo career pretty much superior to Ozzy's in every way, except that Ozzy did one song ("Crazy Train") which was better than anything Dio did.

Ozzy did have a more glammy sound, which I like better than Dio's sound, but that's more a matter of personal preference.

Anyway, Dio's solo career pretty much superior to Ozzy's in every way, except that Ozzy did one song ("Crazy Train") which was better than anything Dio did.

Crazy Train is actually the worst song on Blizzard tbh. Pretty much every other song (with the exception of Steal Away and Goodbye To Romance) beats it out.

Fail.

Anything off Holy Diver > Crazy Train

You're fucking full of yourself

Holy Diver is one of the best metal albums of all time. If you don't think so, you're a stupid my pals.

For me it's Dio all the way.

The interesting thing is that Dio always imposed his melodic and musical personality on all the bands he was singing for and Ozzy never did.

Listen to early Rainbow, Dio-era Sabbath and Dio's own stuff and you'll hear Dio stamp his personality on all those bands. As soon as Rainbow changed vocalists, the music changed radically.

Ozzy was only ever great when he had great people around him - Tony Iommi, Randy Rhoads, Zakk Wylde - but when he didn't (Jake E Lee, etc.), his music was terrible.

His music was good even with Jake, dude.

Also lol @ Zakk being "great"; he was single-handedly the worst thing to ever happen to Ozzy's band.