Dio vs Ozzy solo careers

Well... Ozzy's solo career is not really impressive imo. Only the two first albums kick ass. And ONLY because of Randy Rhoads. Dio has done more good albums...

I hate Dio for the most part, some of his material with Rainbow was decent (Man on the Silver Mountain etc) and maybe a few songs from his solo career. I don't listen to much Ozzy or Dio at all.
Ozzy era Sabbath ftmfw

I like to think of it as the original line-up; Ozzy did not contribute to the writing process and thus does not deserve credit for the brilliance of the music, whereas the phrase "Ozzy-era Sabbath" implies that he was responsible for all of the awesomeness that occurred during that time period.

Comparing Ozzy and Dio as musicians, singers, and human beings, Dio kicks the shit out of Ozzy. With the first couple Sabbath albums Ozzy happened to be in the right place at the right time and frankly, that's more or less what his career consisted of: being in the right place at the right time to contribute his mediocre vocals to music played by much more talented people, and then naming it after himself.

I like to think of it as the original line-up; Ozzy did not contribute to the writing process and thus does not deserve credit for the brilliance of the music, whereas the phrase "Ozzy-era Sabbath" implies that he was responsible for all of the awesomeness that occurred during that time period.
False. Ozzy wrote all his vocal melodies, as well as writing a few songs/lyrics for the band. To say that he did not contribute, is wrong.

Not to mention, I like to think that his chilling voice is what made the first three albums so great. Again, to say he did not contribute, is wrong.

Edit: Also, what Belligerent said. Personally, when I think of over-the-top and/or mediocre vocals, Dio's the first vocalist to come to mind.

I lost all hope for Dio when I saw Heaven & Hell over the summer. Maybe it was an off night or whatever but he sounded horrendous, also it made me realize how much i dislike post Ozzy Sabbath material.

I lost all hope for Dio when I saw Heaven & Hell over the summer. Maybe it was an off night or whatever but he sounded horrendous, also it made me realize how much i dislike post Ozzy Sabbath material.

Well, I like Dio-era Sabbath, save for the Heaven and Hell album itself. I mainly like it because of the instrumentals though, Dio's vocals really do nothing for me.

The only thing that prevents me from seeing HnH live is the extended, 20-minute long, borefest version of Heaven and Hell. I hate that song with a passion.