Direct Monitoring with Mbox2

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

Just got an mbox2, I was wondering how to turn off the direct monitoring on it?

I've got a guitar going DI into the Line2/DI input but I cant get it to shut up when im browsing around windows, and also in Nuendo I hear both the direct input and the processed track (so for instance what im running through Guitar Suite).

Do you have the direct monitoring option turned on in the Nuendo device settings? Also having the "release driver when in background" option unchecked might help too.

The direct monitoring option in Nuendo is greyed out. The release driver when in background option is also unchecked. The thing is that it's direct monitoring in windows too and I don't know how to stop it.

Nevermind! I found out why. Finally realized what this retarded 'Mix' knob does. Input and Output balance. What a useless knob.

One thing, if someone reads this... is there any sort of MIDI functionality over the Mbox at all? I couldn't get Guitar Pro to play for me, even when I used the Windows XP default MIDI driver.

Yeah, I guess that's what I get for being a cheapass and not being able to afford HD. It's pretty pitiful how this interface doesn't even seem to function as a rudimentary soundcard outside of PT. It takes tweaking just to get it to play properly out of iTunes, and you have to modify the registry to get sound out of your browser + other programs digi didn't have the foresight to add support for.

Realized I had to keep my Soundblaster installed just to keep using this PC as a media center as well as a mixing machine.