Dismember question

Dismember is consider one of the defining metal acts of the Gothemburg scene along with Entombed,are they as popular as InFlames,Dark Tranquility or At The Gates............ I don't think so.Are they better?............... I would say so......

Melodic DM... definately not.. and they don´t have anything to do with the Gothenburg scene either.
As far as new material goes they are in process of writing material for the coming album "Where Ironcrosses Grow" hopefully released before the year is out. I doubt it though..

Originally posted by Shadowdance
Dismember is consider one of the defining metal acts of the Gothemburg scene along with Entombed,are they as popular as InFlames,Dark Tranquility or At The Gates............ I don't think so.Are they better?............... I would say so......

No, they are not a defining band of the Gothenburg scene since back when Gothenburg scene was forming, Dismember played actual death metal. They are one of the bands who defined swedish death metal though.

I guess you could call some of their later work gothenburg though.

Dismember and Entombed can hardly be called gothenburg style. They are not nearly as melodic as the bands from gothenburg. I've always considered them to be Stockholm death metal, along with bands like Unleashed for instance.

Dismember is from the first wave of Swedish Death Metal, from around 1990 along with Entombed, Unleashed, Grave etc. Created mostly in the Sunlight studios, Stockholm!

They do incorporate quite some melody in their songs though, but I would definitely not define them as "Gothenburg" style, as they're simply not part of that scene. Still they are quite good, personally I totally dig the "Indecent & Obscene" album.