Dissapointment...

TrueGuesser

New Metal Member
Oct 6, 2006
It pains me to say that for the first time ever, I've actually left an Opeth show (ATL-10/05) completely and utterly dissapointed. Don't get me wrong, the music was well performed. But... 5 songs? And not a single track from any album prior to Blackwater Park? You've got to be kidding me. I feel like I just spent 30 bucks to watch a graceful and poetic bow to all of those lamb of god weiners, many of whom probably still believe that Blackwater is Opeth's first album. Oh well...

5 songs ??? What was the setlist ???

Most shows they've played 4 songs. At a few shows they played 5 by adding Godhead's Lament which is pre BWP.

I'm curious what you saw them play

Welcome to the forum.

Now down to business. Unfortunately, the apparent disconnect between your expectations and reality is unfortunate. It's frankly astonishing that you are apparently are a fan of Opeth, were aware of the tour, purchased tickets, went to the show and were astonished by the length of the set, suprised that they didn't play a wide array of songs that spanned their entire discography, and somehow miraculously found your way to this forum which is filled with threads about Gigantour to create another thread about how dissapointed you were. You paid $6 per song to watch Opeth perform live.... and oh, yeah... there were a couple of other bands who played as well. Unless your purpose for posting this was to publicly express how you foolishly created a scenario in your head which could only result in personal dissapointment....you should have written this post down and recited it in the mirror.

You seem to be forgetting the general length of Opeth songs... I mean I don't know what they played, but surely it wasn't a short set. ..?

The heavy set from Lamentations only has 5 songs, but it goes for about an hour.

Once again I will sayu this,,,,..the setlist that u were disspointed with....someone was praying for that exact setlist...!!!...know what I mean......these guys only have so much time to play so may sogns...not everyones gonna get thier fav. songs played u know....well I hope next time u go in with lesser expectations then..??.!!......PEAC EOUT

couldnt make it, and i was planning on going to the philly headlining show, but i had class that day, and couldnt make that either...eh life sucks then you die i suppose lol

illidurit said:
lmao @ the absurd and epic domination by samsara

so are u done lickin his behind...!!!....hahaha........jsut kiddin....pullin yer leg...hahaha........!!!!....PEAC EOUT

Mr Samsara said:
Welcome to the forum.

Now down to business. Unfortunately, the apparent disconnect between your expectations and reality is unfortunate. It's frankly astonishing that you are apparently are a fan of Opeth, were aware of the tour, purchased tickets, went to the show and were astonished by the length of the set, suprised that they didn't play a wide array of songs that spanned their entire discography, and somehow miraculously found your way to this forum which is filled with threads about Gigantour to create another thread about how dissapointed you were. You paid $6 per song to watch Opeth perform live.... and oh, yeah... there were a couple of other bands who played as well. Unless your purpose for posting this was to publicly express how you foolishly created a scenario in your head which could only result in personal dissapointment....you should have written this post down and recited it in the mirror.

:kickass:

No... Opeth did not try to seduce you and make you pay for that gig. And they were not there to satiate you, too... it passed from Opeth :) They are not what they used to be anymore, and you'd better get used to it.

Mr Samsara said:
Unless your purpose for posting this was to publicly express how you foolishly created a scenario in your head which could only result in personal dissapointment....you should have written this post down and recited it in the mirror.

:headbang: :kickass: :worship: :lol:

I think I love you...