Dissection to reform with Faust as the drummer!

Opethfan1980

Jaded and Gaunt
May 8, 2002
California, USA
sunsetfuneral.iuma.com
From digitalmetal

"Former Emperor drummer Bard G. Eithun (aka Faust) has revealed that he's been chosen as the drummer for the first Dissection album since Storm of the Light's Bane.
Apparently, frontman Jon Nödtveit is planning on rehearsing for the album in spring 2003, uniting two former convicts Eithun and Nödtveit in what will be a publicity stampede, and possibly one of the most anticipated albums to come from the death metal world. Not much is known at this point.

Eithun, however, is busying himself with a variety of projects. The drummer's involvement in early Thorns material (1990-1992) will be issued by Norwegian controversial artist Bjarne Melgaard, while Eithun is also penning the lyrics for the forthcoming Zyklon full-length. And that's not all: Italian black metallers Aborym have requested Eithun's services on their forthcoming album, where he'll provide spoken word passages over the phone to be included on the release; lyrics are also part of the plan.

And in more related news, Eithun, Zamoth (Zyklon, ex-Emperor) and Lars-Stian of Source Of Tide have formed a side-project. This jam-oriented band so far hasn't be described, but apparently the three will take the band slowly. Also, the busy drummer is involved in a Norwegian black metal documentary, which will supposedly shed clear light on the events of the early- to mid-'90s. "

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys feel about this? Does listening to a band with two convicted murderers taint them in any way for you? Do you think it's BS that they were released so quickly?

well, he certainly has had a lot of free time on his hands i guess.. faust have been rather active despite being in jail.

but i cant wait for this, jon and faust working together, it cant result in anything but geniality!

faust is a exellent drummer as well as being a great lyric writer. and jon is just brilliant, dissection is among my all time fave band!

this will certainly be an event im looking forward to :)

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

This is going to be so amazing if it comes off... When you think about it, they're the perfect match.

Oh my god, how exciting. Now we have to wait....

I just had to read the article again....

This is really good news. I don't want to labour the point, but I'm quite happy about this.

Althought this thread hasn't been receiving as much traffic as I excpected it to.

Originally posted by random_phil
They need to do a split album with Absurd and Burzum!

:lol: Wouldn't that be interesting!

Imagine the lunatics that would go to their shows.... *shudder*

I don't really care if they're both convicted, which was in Opethfan1980's original post. If the music is good I don't really care if they've killed 200 people! Burzum is still my favorite black metal shit, even though Varg is pretty fucked up. First he was a satanist, then an Odinist, then a nazi and now I don't know what he is!?!?
I think satanism is corny and stupid, but I still listen to black metal, if you know what I mean...?

Originally posted by Board
Burzum is still my favorite black metal shit, even though Varg is pretty fucked up. First he was a satanist, then an Odinist, then a nazi and now I don't know what he is!?!?
I think satanism is corny and stupid, but I still listen to black metal, if you know what I mean...?

I think he was a Nazi first actually. I don't think he cares much about it now (although who knows with him!).

I agree with you about the satanism/corny comment, although at least it's better than Christianity as far as I'm concerned. Black metal is one of my favourite genres though, and I'm glad there is satanism involved, especially metaphorical satanism.

Originally posted by Thanatos
It will be a "killer" band

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic.

Anyhow, I just hope they've put the past behind them, and realize that what they did was horrible and wrong. I've heard that Jon has, and it sounds like Faust has as well.

Anyway, Dissection was an AMAZING band, and I can't wait to hear the new material.