Faust to drum on the new Dissection album

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
I know this has been discussed elsewhere, but what do you all think about the news that ex-Emperor drummer, Faust, will be playing drums with Dissection. Faust gets out of jail December 28 this year, and although Jon Nodtveidt is supposedly coming out in 2004, they are beginning full rehearsals next year.

I can't wait for this, it's going to be so amazing. New Dissection, and with Faust!!!

It's on the official Dissection site but I can't remember the bloody address... if anyone knows it can they post it up, otherwise I'll put it here later.

Similarly, it's on Faust's site at www.bard-faust.com

Originally posted by Aglarion
Well, it's not really the official site but I think you're speaking about this one: http://dissection.lostkingdom.net

For sure it's the best Dissection page on the net...

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. I just assumed it was the official site because it seems to be the only good one around.

As someone mentioned on the Opeth site a while ago, "It'll be a 'killer' band". :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Russell
Faust's only been in jail for like 10 years hasn't he? :err: Pretty short sentence for murder :err:

Not even that. I think it's been about 8 years!! Which is pretty extraordinary considering the callousness of his crime.

I bet Varg is feeling pissed off considering he's basically rotting in jail while the other guys are getting let out.

I've heard conflicting reporst of 14 and 21 years, but I doubt it's the latter. I imagine it's 14 years. Although you could probably knock a couple of years off because no one really serves their full sentence.

I haven't heard anything about a release date, though.. so who knows when he'll be out.

Holy shit, Somberlain, your birthday is one day before mine!! I'm 5 years older.. but still...

People should start posting in this forum more... that's what should happen goddamit!!!

So many possibilities, yet so many unwilling. It's a sad state of affairs. I don't want to start too many threads cause I'd look like an idiot, but it'd be cool if other people were posting more often.

Originally posted by requiem
I've heard conflicting reporst of 14 and 21 years, but I doubt it's the latter. I imagine it's 14 years. Although you could probably knock a couple of years off because no one really serves their full sentence.

I haven't heard anything about a release date, though.. so who knows when he'll be out.

i think it's 14 years. 21 years are maximum penalty in Norway and is very rarely handed out.

Also, in Norway a convict gets out after he has served 2/3 of the penalty, if he has behaved himself.

by the way, did you know that Varg owes 5 million NOK to the authorities in Norway?? hehe, the total value of all the churches he burnt was set to about that. (5 mill NOK = $650.000 or something)

Originally posted by Mammon
by the way, did you know that Varg owes 5 million NOK to the authorities in Norway?? hehe, the total value of all the churches he burnt was set to about that. (5 mill NOK = $650.000 or something)

How are his album sales doing? :lol:

I thought he only admitted to burning one, the Fantoft Stave church. Although he alluded to burning others I didn't think the policed had proven that he did them.....:confused:

Still I imagine the Fantoft church was expensive enough! 800 years old!!

How are his album sales doing? :lol:

I thought he only admitted to burning one, the Fantoft Stave church. Although he alluded to burning others I didn't think the policed had proven that he did them.....:confused:

Still I imagine the Fantoft church was expensive enough! 800 years old!!

you might be right there.

Well.. I think Varg got 21 years prison.. because I have seen few news clips from norwegian TV and I think that there they said that he got 21 years. It's a long time but I'm not so surprised because the murder was so cruel and he also burned so many churches..

Originally posted by Zyklon
Well.. I think Varg got 21 years prison.. because I have seen few news clips from norwegian TV and I think that there they said that he got 21 years. It's a long time but I'm not so surprised because the murder was so cruel and he also burned so many churches..

Not to put too callous a slant on things, but it wasn't that cruel. Yeah, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do, but it's not like he killed a baby or a cop.... He killed a guy he knew in and outside his apartment.

I would have thought Faust would have a more severe penalty, considering he killed a homosexual out in the woods, after luring him there no less!

Not even that. I think it's been about 8 years!! Which is pretty extraordinary considering the callousness of his crime.

I bet Varg is feeling pissed off considering he's basically rotting in jail while the other guys are getting let out.

Hell, in the UK I'm sure he'd have got at least 15 years... And Norwegian jails are pretty lax according to a report I read.. Inmates are allowed to leave for weekends occasionally and their cells aren't locked for much of the day... That may of course be bullshit tho :)