Dissolving Bonds

Verwuestung said:
does anyone think Jonas's vocals on Dissolving Bonds sound alike Coldplay's vocalist?

or am I too o_O
(no, not hypno but definately red eyed :oops: )

not really, but I realy got a "MEW"-isch vibe on this track (disolving bonds), especially durring the "you said you would...." part.
any1 familiar with this danish band?? (MEW that is ;) )
great band imo.....

the way he's singing in the beginning is haunting as all hell. the only thing i want different in that song is another verse that sounds like the first one. not heavy just really ambient and airy sounding if you know what i mean. i downloaded on itunes as soon as it came out. best $3.96 ive spent all year.

I heard BOTH samples on itunes - GOD they sound incredible but I still cannot officially make a comment on them as I haven't heard the entire songs.

I MUST get this EP...and FAST! This album will be so great I can just feel it. Katatonia's finest work? It just may be so. This album may even top my fave LFDGD.

I got up this morning singing" Do you have water in your car..." it just sticks in my mind and I was humming this all the day long...
ah, so nice!

Frith said:
not really, but I realy got a "MEW"-isch vibe on this track (disolving bonds), especially durring the "you said you would...." part.
any1 familiar with this danish band?? (MEW that is ;) )
great band imo.....

Yeah I heard 2 songs of MEW.. one of them was called "Special".. pretty cool song! The other one was "156". What's the album called?

Ark said:
Yeah I heard 2 songs of MEW.. one of them was called "Special".. pretty cool song! The other one was "156". What's the album called?

well. 'special' is from the new album 'and the glass handed kites', while '156' is from the great album 'frengers'.
i really find this group interesting, and looking forward to their live show in gothenburg in a month.
chekk 'em out here----> http://www.mewsite.com

does the single come with lyrics for all of the songs?

either way, i'll be buying it pretty much solely for this song. i can't believe it's a b-side. absolutely fucking incredible song. i'm waiting for the initial impact to wear off so i can gauge it with the rest of the album, but as of right now, it might be one of my favorite katatonia songs ever

Verwuestung said:
does anyone think Jonas's vocals on Dissolving Bonds sound alike Coldplay's vocalist?

or am I too o_O
(no, not hypno but definately red eyed :oops: )

no, i definitely agree. the lyrics in the verse are right in the range of where the dude from coldplay always sings in, and some of the words jonas sings makes him sound exactly the same

the last "destined goodbye" before the outro chorus is pure robert smith style and that's one thing why I love this song... Plus, the second lead guitar in the chorus reminds me of the synths in "The same deep water as you"...

To the ones who are interested: I transcribed this song to powertab, so feel free to contact me if you want to have it!

I think amazing b-sides are definitely a Katatonia legacy. First there was Quiet World from the Saw You Drown EP that never made Discouraged Ones (I think it's better than many of the tracks from that album), and then songs like Sulfur and Help Me Disappear from the Last Fair Deal Gone Down era (once again, more well-liked by me than a lot of stuff that was on LFDGD), and now we have Dissolving Bonds. I can't wait to hear what the rest of the album will sound like and compare DB to it... DB is probably better. I absolutely adore that song.

Asra said:
First there was Silent World from the Saw You Drown EP

Make that Quiet World. :)

Haven't heard DB yet.. damnit that shipping takes a looong time -_-

Thank god for iTunes. I downloaded the whole single weeks ago and still haven't found the actual CD anywhere to buy. At least I got the new Krisiun! And it kicks fucking ass!

-Vince

N.P. After The Fire - Der Kommissar

I just got mine today! @snapper, speed up your deliveries lads:D :bah:
anyway, it sounds awesome. Ive only listened once but I must say the overall sound and vibe of the band has progressed so well

Yes...this really is a standout song to me as well. I very much like it...especially the "you said you" section. I acquired the single only a couple days ago and I've managed to listen to this song many times already. Looking forward to the album (still)!

Got MT a couple of days ago.. a week or so.
I fucking love Dissolving Bonds!!