Divine Wings of Tragedy Live

i hate at the end of the first half there that russel doesn't even try to sing that bit "standing on the edge of paradise..." etc.

that section is my favorite part of the song, and it lets me down. i can sing it was well as he does there and thats not giving him any credit at all.

Ever notice on the live album that Lepond doesn't play the bass harmonics at the heavy part with all the bass & drum runs?

MorphineChild205 said:
Ever notice on the live album that Lepond doesn't play the bass harmonics at the heavy part with all the bass & drum runs?
Yep. He plays some fifths or something there if I hear correctly. I like the harmonics version on the album better.

raythetse said:
i hate at the end of the first half there that russel doesn't even try to sing that bit "standing on the edge of paradise..." etc.

that section is my favorite part of the song, and it lets me down. i can sing it was well as he does there and thats not giving him any credit at all.

Precisely the reason MJR hates bootlegs..he has no control over the quality, & a single recording of an off night gives people the completely wrong idea about them..it's quite lame.

Bootlegs are teh lamezorz. Unless u get a good one, then they are the pwnzorz. The king of terrors one is a good one. Should be on the official site or somethin cos it shows the energy of a live set that u dont quite get from the standard recorded versions.

On my myspace, I have a really good one of Church of the Machine live, and the quality is amazing, and they sounded great, up until the very last chorus, in which the wire seemed to unplug from Russ' Mic, but they played on, and it still sounded amazing. I'd say that one is the pwnzorz.

http://www.youtube.com/v/SYY5TyLlL4U

Ptah Khnemu said:
On my myspace, I have a really good one of Church of the Machine live, and the quality is amazing, and they sounded great, up until the very last chorus, in which the wire seemed to unplug from Russ' Mic, but they played on, and it still sounded amazing. I'd say that one is the pwnzorz.

http://www.youtube.com/v/SYY5TyLlL4U

Also from the Live in Montreal bootleg.

Jax said:
Precisely the reason MJR hates bootlegs..he has no control over the quality, & a single recording of an off night gives people the completely wrong idea about them..it's quite lame.

I totally agree, I would hate to be ripped off like that. I hope he realizes, however, that a band that is as amazing as Syx live (by far the best band I have ever seen live), NEEDS a dvd, or at least a newer live album or something. I own everything that the band ever put out and even a few T-shirts, so I don't really feel guilty seeking clips online. There is some Syx on the new Gigantour dvd, so we will finally have some relief. I guess that what I am saying is that MJR shouldn't be surprised that people would gouge their left eye out to get a clip of his band, Symphony X is utterly brilliant live, and people turn to these bootlegs because that's all that exists. (Incidently, this concert from Montreal was incredible, "off night", HA!)

MasqueReaper said:
I totally agree, I would hate to be ripped off like that. I hope he realizes, however, that a band that is as amazing as Syx live (by far the best band I have ever seen live), NEEDS a dvd, or at least a newer live album or something.

You think they aren't aware of this? :lol: That's the most commonly asked question when it comes to the e-mail they get, trust me. They know, and when they have enough footage to put together a quality dvd, it'll happen..and it'll kick massive amounts of ass.

Jax said:

it didn't give me the wrong idea at all actually... i simply stated that at the end of the first half of this video he didn't impress me... simply cuz its my fave part of that song particularly cuz of the bad ass vocal bit, which he didn't do all that well here IMO... i'm sure he'd agree anyway, it was less than he's capable of. i'm not the type to assume he must take it easy all throughout a tour. i've never seen the band live (goddamit why didn't they stick gigantour through to vancouver!) so i have no real opinion on live performance... i just was disappointed by this particular part of this particular video.

okay now we're clear :) :headbang: :kickass:

MasqueReaper said:
I totally agree, I would hate to be ripped off like that.

although he may not like the fact people get to see performances for free, i don't think jax was alluding to that possibilty at all. she was saying romeo feels that a bad performance in a bootleg sets a low precedence for people who have never seen them live. they assume cuz one performance may not have been top notch, that they must be a poor live band, and i've only ever heard that they kick the shit out of there material and everyone goes home happy.

btw who the hell is singing back up vocals on the king of terrors video on the chorus?

woohoo three consecutive posts

raythetse said:
btw who the hell is singing back up vocals on the king of terrors video on the chorus?

woohoo three consecutive posts

Either Romeo or Pinnella, or both. Those two do most of the backing vocals. Lepond does some occassionally, too, but I'm not sure if he did on this video.

MorphineChild205 said:
Either Romeo or Pinnella, or both. Those two do most of the backing vocals. Lepond does some occassionally, too, but I'm not sure if he did on this video.

cuz it sounded pretty good i was almost convinced it was a recording