The divine wings.. question!

katabu

New Metal Member
Sep 11, 2005
i just saw the movie "metal a headbangers journey" and i heard the melody and the same drums of "The divine wings of tragedy" (the intro after the orchestra)..
from which song symphony x take this part?
maybe black sabbath?
(sorry for my English)

NOT SABBATH!!!!!!

HOLST!!!! its from gustav holst's "mars" from his "the planets" suite. look it up and buy it in itunes or something... it's worth it.

it's no rip from classic metal... it's straight up CLASSICAL.

Yup, or you could have been hearing things but I didn't see the whole film so I wouldn't know. I know they use holst still right after the orchestra but it then turns into this kind of little riff and then guitar solo.

I know exactly which part of the movie you're talking about. It shocked me when I heard it, lol. I'm not too sure which band it is, but I'm leaning towards Metallica (I've never listened to them) because a friend of mine once said that the intro to Divine was very similar to a Metallica song.

Oh, and yeah, like the others have said, that part was actually taken from a classical piece anyway, so it's not like SX is ripping off other bands.

I know exactly what part you're talking about as well... And I thought the same thing, I really think its symphony x since there name does appear in the video, but I mean the only other song that sounds like divine than I know of is Rush's YYZ... Either or, I do know what you're talking about :)

They actually ripped it off from the other band, who ripped it off from me when I wrote it in the future, then built a time machine out of matchsticks and fortune cookie wrappers, and traveled back to 1985, where I played the riff for Michael J Fox, who betrayed my genius and somehow influenced the "original" band who "wrote" my riff.

Ya know ! Ken that is complete bullshit! I came up with that long before you were a twinkle in your...... never mind. Take credit if it makes you feel good.

Playing Divine Wings right now as I sit and stu about royalities never recieved

which part of the song are we actually referring to here? does anyone wanna give me some times?