Divine Wings of Tragedy Live

raythetse said:
although he may not like the fact people get to see performances for free, i don't think jax was alluding to that possibilty at all. she was saying romeo feels that a bad performance in a bootleg sets a low precedence for people who have never seen them live. they assume cuz one performance may not have been top notch, that they must be a poor live band, and i've only ever heard that they kick the shit out of there material and everyone goes home happy.

True, but this video that everyone is talking about here is awesome, nothing to ever be embarassed about, second only to the live album and actually seeing them live. There are very very few bootlegs out there anyway. The funny part is that whoever is ripping on their rendition of The Divine Wings is ignoring the fact that they rip all over what was recorded, Rullo is a billion times better, and both he and Leopond add riffs to the song to the song, which is pretty damn impressive considering how much there is to remember in a 13 minute song. There are punk bands out there that cannot ever pull off a 3 minute song w/o fucking up (anyone remember Blink 182)

I was most impressed with Lepond and Rullo live. I'm not sure about the Montreal bootleg, but Lepond's takes of the bass lines of Divine Wings and Through The Looking Glass from the live album are just excellent. And his tone...oh, his glorious, not-buried-in-the-mix tone! I was also very impressed with how much livelier Rullo made the drum parts to the songs from Twilight. Walling's drumming was good, but it seemed "flat"...Rullo put character in them.

Fakerofdeath said:
Usually Youtube has bad quality on live concerts. Best just to pick up their live album.

Yeah, waiting for payday to get the Prelude to the Millenium one.

Only problem is me being in the UK, I can't get to so many concerts SymX do, cuz I'd love to take my girlfriend to 'em :)

But hey, I don't mind as long as they keep kicking ass! :headbang:

MorphineChild205 said:
I was most impressed with Lepond and Rullo live. I'm not sure about the Montreal bootleg, but Lepond's takes of the bass lines of Divine Wings and Through The Looking Glass from the live album are just excellent. And his tone...oh, his glorious, not-buried-in-the-mix tone! I was also very impressed with how much livelier Rullo made the drum parts to the songs from Twilight. Walling's drumming was good, but it seemed "flat"...Rullo put character in them.

Absolutely, that's exactly how I feel, Rullo brings Walling's parts to life, he is so professional live. I love how he adds to his parts all the time. Leopond's tone could not possibly be any better, it brings tears to my eyes! His interpretation of Miller's riffs are even better than the album versions. I always thought Miller's tone had too much treble and not enough meat. Just listen to Church of the Machine live, OMG Rullo and Leopond crap all over their written parts.