Do any of you suffer from depression?

As a result of cynicism and bitter misanthropy, yes. AS A RESULT OF, again, for you who think I have those BECAUSE of depression. Nay, they CREATE it. But anyway, how are the fruit frogs this time of year, CT?

Not really...i mean like NL, i am a misanthrope in a very strong manner..i really really hate people...but im not anti-social...but i dont let people get me down for the most part...there are things that make me mildly depressed but thats minor...

if you are meaning from clinical depression,
then yes. If you are having problems or questions
about different treatments and medications, I am
happy to tell you what I learned and experienced
as a paitent. However, I'd rather not discuss that with
the entire board, so you can message me on ICQ, AIM,
or email me editor@nightritual.com.
Or not... either way hope you are not in a state of suffering.

yes, i do. im known to go from good mood to bad mood rather quickly, for no reason at all. i'm on Celexa. 20 mg a day. it doesn't do shit for me... used to... i'm gonna try to get a bigger dosage

Today's Los Angeles Times - well actually yesterday's (Tuesday)
L.A. times has a story on the front page about the need to put warning labels
on Prosac, Paxil, Celexa, Effexor, Lexapro, Luvox, Remeron, Serzone,
Welbutrin, and Zoloft, because they can and do cause deepening of depression,
sucidal feelings, suicide, mania, and violent behavior.

Both kids who did the Columbine shootings were put on antidepressants just days
before the shooting.

like The_Children_of_Decadence said: everybody suffer from depression from time to time: like those winter days, or just a day when you dont feel like doing anything at all, but play Anathema and light million of candles in your room...

we all have that.

but in general: no.
im a happy person with sence of humor: usually i just look at the funny side of things.

Manic Depressive/Paranoid Schizophrenia. I don't like going into details aboot my problems, but sufficious to say, I've had 4 shrinks deem me "incurable." The reason why I don't like complaining? (This doesn't apply to you Metal, I understand that you were simply wondering) There are plenty of kids my age who suffer from "depression" that is simply teen angst. Also depression is a fad these days, making the ones with real problems a laughing stock. Dare, I leave out Emo kiddies? Fuck no I don't They make it that much worse. :bah:

depression is just mind over matter, will power, self control basically. If you let something get to you long enough you'll get up set about it. If you get up set to long it causes depression. When I first got merried then had my son, my life changed drasticly. It was hard to deal with at first. I tried zoloft, thought it did make me happy, I did not like having to rely on drugs to make me happy. My best friend (a marine) told me something that I'll never for get and I think of it every time I think negativily. He said, "People who are depressed are just letting things get to them. When you fell like you can fix some thing that is bothering you just say FUCK IT!" It actually works for me. And of course you can always think about what my dad use to tell me, "ahhh, you can't worry about that little shit!"

TheSinMakesYouReal said:
depression is just mind over matter, will power, self control basically. If you let something get to you long enough you'll get up set about it. If you get up set to long it causes depression. When I first got merried then had my son, my life changed drasticly. It was hard to deal with at first. I tried zoloft, thought it did make me happy, I did not like having to rely on drugs to make me happy. My best friend (a marine) told me something that I'll never for get and I think of it every time I think negativily. He said, "People who are depressed are just letting things get to them. When you fell like you can fix some thing that is bothering you just say FUCK IT!" It actually works for me. And of course you can always think about what my dad use to tell me, "ahhh, you can't worry about that little shit!"

agreed