Do you suffer from any mental conditions?

my ex is a borderline personality. She is so fucking cruel i have so many horror stories.. Ugh.. never date someone with this disorder, they will fucking destroy you.

What are they supposed to do? Name it after someone else who didn't actually discover the condition?

yeah i have tons of stuff like this but more minor, finger movements for example, i do a pattern forwards and then retrace it backwards, its sort of gay but sort of cool 'cause i've gotten really fast at it through habit.

i'm also one of those people who counts (or taps in rhythm to, etc) lampposts or lines on every car journey. i also do stuff like counting to 5 and seeing if cars pass mine at exactly the 5th beat.

anyone else have that thing where you have to put the mouse cursor in the exact centre of the screen, or the glass down on the centre of the mat, or find the halfway point in a line of text, etcetc?
Interesting. I completely understand the finger movement reverse thing. I used to do that type of thing (even with my whole body) when i was young. I guess I grew out of it.

Related to computers: I highlight text as I read it (only internet text). And not word by word. I highlight an arbitrary amount of the section I'm reading, and I keep re-highlighting such areas once every few seconds.

Yeah, actually. Not for the center of the whole screen, but I often try to line the cursor up in the middle of some entity on the screen, like the scroll bar or the inside of a closed letter such as "o".

yeah me too all the time. sometimes when i full screen something i have to make sure the cursors in the exact centre vertically speaking first, even if its off the side of the screen.

edit: in fact whilst typing this i lined the cursor up with the flashing | and clicked it rapidly a load of times so the paragraph kept highlighting and unhighlighting, it was vaguely satisfying.

Related to computers: I highlight text as I read it (only internet text). And not word by word. I highlight an arbitrary amount of the section I'm reading, and I keep re-highlighting such areas once every few seconds.

one of my friends just clicks the mouse wildly whenever hes reading anything, its really annoying if youre trying to read it too

They also sort of alter their personality to fit accordingly to fit you, and others...and usually you never even know it til it's too late.

There are little signs in the beginning, but most people ignore it or make excuses for the person....Denial at it's best. The little things can mean a lot, no matter how nice someone appears.

Let me just quote Life Sucks before I put on my flame retardent cap. I know I'm a fan favorite for drawing unwarranted negative attention.

Anyone else have similar problems? Feel free to flame me, I don't care. But if you do, it speaks volumes about your character (ie you'd be a scumbag for doing so).

I used to have really bad anxiety in my very late teens/early 20s. From about the time I was 15-16 I started to notice it & I developed pretty bad asthma. I even took a had a couple of really bad asthma attacks in my teen years, one of which had induced a mild heart attack when I was 19. It was brought on by a strong overdose on asthma medication.

As my asthma started to get under control, I developed much worse anxiety. I did not take any medications for years though, as I was afraid of becoming dependednt on medications; or worse; having adverse side effects to medication. I was miserable for a couple of years. I ate McDonalds/BK on my way to work, chicken wings at work, Taco Bell on my way home from work, & one of the only things I ate at my house was cereal & maybe cookies & shit. I got to be a fucking mess & I gained a lot of weight, topping out at close to 240. Basically, my health really started to deteriorate after my father died in '01 & I was 18.

I found myself in a relationwhip with a big crush of mine from when I was teen, but it was not necessarily a healthy relationship. We did not see each other as much as one would expect & it was not the most official relationship ever, but it lasted 2 1/2 years. When she broke up with me we reluctantly remained friends. One day I asked her what was wrong with me & she said nothing. She said I was a really nice person & all that happy shit. I got to where I was embarrassed of my weight. I asked her if she thought I was fat (basically) & she said "you could lose some weight, but you don't have to".

After that I cut way down on what I was eating. I would only eat healthy food in small portions & I was drinking a lot of water. I don't think I ever ate more than 1,200 calories a day & I rarely; if ever; drank alcohol. I started to feel much better. My anxiety damn near disappeared!!! I was feeling ten times better. I was breathing better. I got down to a low weight of 183. I had trouble losing more than that & I was not really exercising, just dieting. I still felt great however. I started eating & drinking a little more, but I never really gained back more than a couple of pounds.

About a year later I got in the gym & was working out 5 days a week. I would go running at night. I was drinking more though :) I didn't lose weight, but I got much more fit.

Numerous hang ups caused me to cut way back on my gym going & up my drinking including but not limited to: Gallbladder removal in 12/07 - Prostate injury in gym - Death of my mother - HIV scare (I don't have it. Someone told me a girl I was briefly seeing had it, but it was bullshit) - Death of my close friend growing up - Death of my grandmother - A bad skin rash I had - a couple of auto accidents/tickets that came at terrible times - A change of work hours & downward fluctuation in financial status - Ect.

After all this shit I still would go to the gym here & there though. I never quit going completetly except for the time I had surgury & the time I injured myself.

I did start the Master Cleanse that I made famous here a few weeks back. I felt fine up until the 6th night when I got very jittery & I had a shitload of trouble sleeping. I got very anxious & even called in work the next day. I had decided to quit eating meat until I got down to my desired weight. I had lost like 8 pounds on the cleanse, but I haven't been feeling the same since I did it. Everyone is telling me it sounds like my blood sugar is really low. I've been getting anxious, nervous, jittery, & sometimes even angry. It almost feels like my anxiety that I beat is coming back now. I don't know if it's in my head or if I'm hypoglycemic now & just can't keep my blood sugars up to a normal level.

I see various colors when listening to music. Dunno what that is.

Same here. And I associate colors to specific songs/albums as well, when listening to them. Sometimes it's based on the color of the album cover, sometimes it isn't, but I still "see" those colors when I listen to those songs/albums.

In the Nightside Eclipse is blue.
Under the Sign of the Black Mark is beige/navy blue.
The Stench of Redemption is red.
Transilvanian Hunger (the song) is a really pale magenta, for some fucking reason.

Same here. And I associate colors to specific songs/albums as well, when listening to them. Sometimes it's based on the color of the album cover, sometimes it isn't, but I still "see" those colors when I listen to those songs/albums.

In the Nightside Eclipse is blue.
Under the Sign of the Black Mark is beige/navy blue.
The Stench of Redemption is red.
Transilvanian Hunger (the song) is a really pale magenta, for some fucking reason.

I do this.

Sometimes I find that the art reflects what I'm thinking really well, but I don't want to make it sound like the art is influencing it...sometimes I visualize totally different colours.

I do it with people's names too. Charlie for example is this weird, ugly brown-yellow-plaid-old-armchair kind of colour and texture..

Wow, I can really relate to some people here. I guess I'm not alone. Anyways, I felt I'd bump this thread instead of creating a new one to mention something that occurred to me lately.

I think that mental conditions/complexes are often as much a result of circumstances as they are of a chemical imbalance. I have anxiety, paranoia, and depression. The root cause may be biological, but things that have happened to me, and how I have been treated, have also contributed greatly. I have been treated like shit in my professional life (getting lied about and fired, etc.), been treated like shit by women, and been stabbed in the back and fucked over by friends. I think people are evil, and think anyone would love to tear me down to build themselves up. It's part of human nature. Living in a hostile world contributes greatly to my anxiety, because I feel I always have to be on guard. It has also made me oversensitive. Recently I went off on my roommate and threatened to kick his ass just because he made a joke implying I was uncoordinated when we were playing beer pong. He said I take things way too personally, and I think he may be right. But being treated like shit all my life is partially what has made me this way. Being treated like shit is also a big factor in my depression, and logically my paranoia and misanthropy as well.