How would you evaluate your own social skills?

My social skills are poor at best,just then was a prime example.IRL i'm kind and respectful,to the point where I allow people to think that they can put it over me then I basically have to tell them that i'm not scared to physically fight them.I think this all comes from ones parents/upbringing.My father is the kindest most respectful person that i've ever met but he certainly knows how to handle himself.I just had this 6 foot something dude try to intimidate me in a bar and luckily for me we were the only two there,so he had no audience.I told him that I'd fight him if I had to and he left,my social skills are basically zero.But i've encountered this scenario many,many times and it makes me think that i'm retarded for not putting on a bigger act from the beginning but also that most people that you meet are also retards for assuming that a person can be intimidated because they don't have the gift of the gab.

Tasmania sounds like a hard fucking place. I am imagining it to be like the Klingon empire or something where everyone just beats each other up constantly to earn respect.

King Drunkard I hear ya. Public speaking etc never bothered me because I was always too lazy to get nervous. I can't relate to it and I kind of think anxiety disorders are bullshit.

The above mention of fighting reminded me of my paranoia. I was homeschooled starting in 6th grade following near-expulsion from my public school, and being that I got into a lot of scuffles in elementary school, I always saw males my age as potential violent threats. In 12th grade I had to go to the nearest public school to take a standardized exam to get scholarship money for college, and being the patient nerd I am, I was one of the last to leave my room. Most of the kids were outside in the courtyard, but I was in a hallway alone. Then one kid a little taller and larger than me looks through the door window to the hallway right as I was about five feet away from leaving, knocking on the glass and looking a tad annoyed. I just stared him down until someone behind me went outside, opening the door and allowing him in. As the potential threat walked near, I stood still watching him and as he got near he said "I needed to get to the restroom, asshole" and went his way.

This generation of teenagers are assholes. I've encountered many bullies in my university but what can you do. you just ignore those kind of assholes, they haven't grown up yet.

I don't even want to divulge in the antics I see everyday...I've gotten better at not raging silently over it. I'm glad that nothing ever involves me, and thankfully I have never been in any legitimate fights or a situation that could result in one. My only real arch nemesis was this fat kid in elementary school :lol:

This generation of teenagers are assholes. I've encountered many bullies in my university but what can you do. you just ignore those kind of assholes, they haven't grown up yet.

You imply that there has been a generation of teenagers that weren't assholes.

All teenagers are assholes. They have no choice. That's just part of growing up. Unfortunately, too many of them don't learn the hard way and will stay assholes into adulthood.

You imply that there has been a generation of teenagers that weren't assholes.

All teenagers are assholes. They have no choice. That's just part of growing up. Unfortunately, too many of them don't learn the hard way and will stay assholes into adulthood.

Maybe all teenagers were assholes in America, but it wasn't the same where i live.