How did you all afford your studios?

yup

as long as you're in school at least half-time, you should be eligible for a loan...just make sure you get a subsidized loan, where you don't accrue any interest until you have to start making payments

hell, if nothing else, take out a big enough loan to pay off your credit cards...right now the interest rate on them is fixed at around 6.8 percent - possibly lower now. i'm about to do something similar myself...i had to buy a car last year and didn't have any credit history, so i got raped on the interest rate...the damn $5600 loan is gonna cost me almost $12000 over 5 years with its 20% interest, so i'm planning on paying it off with a student loan, where my payment will be half of what it is now.

Dude...how do I get one of these? I need a car so desperately, and a student loan would be a fucking saving grace - should I talk to my bank, or google "student loan," or what? Thanks man!

Dude...how do I get one of these? I need a car so desperately, and a student loan would be a fucking saving grace - should I talk to my bank, or google "student loan," or what? Thanks man!

ya gott a be a student to start with...And then if you go to your admin dept., they can steer you right...We had a financial aid office at my university, we always had to go there to fill out our forms, sign crap, etc.

Yeah, your school should have an office, you have to apply for it and if you qualify or whatever, they'll hook you up. I had a loan and didn't have to pay until I was out of school, which unfortunately was in less than a year (long story). It ended up being only about $50 a month, but for like 3 years or something. Since I didn't have a car, or job, or money, it defaulted and is now in the hands of the US Government, so they can take it out of my paychecks, taxes or whatever. It also killed my credit or whatever credit I might have had.

So, make sure you pay it back!

Got a realy nice building i can use in the weekends for drums and mcd/demo recordings (i'll do the loud stuff there and bass/vox at home)
But its a pain in the ass to have to put your stuff there each weekend again.

Yeah, your school should have an office, you have to apply for it and if you qualify or whatever, they'll hook you up. I had a loan and didn't have to pay until I was out of school, which unfortunately was in less than a year (long story). It ended up being only about $50 a month, but for like 3 years or something. Since I didn't have a car, or job, or money, it defaulted and is now in the hands of the US Government, so they can take it out of my paychecks, taxes or whatever. It also killed my credit or whatever credit I might have had.

So, make sure you pay it back!

Wow, bummer dude - lesson definitely learned here, that's for sure! (and should the need arise, as heartbreaking as it is I have and will have plenty of expensive gear to sell in a pinch! :erk: ) Anyway, I just applied for and got "tentatively approved" for a loan from my bank (Chase) for $12k - can barely contain my excitement right now...

Can't say I really own a studio... its a drumkit and a PodX3 and a UX2. BUT I can say that you can score some awesome deals off eBay.

I got my kit for $750 (Australian).. a Pearl Export with a ride, some 'shitty' hats and an old pedal and a snare. The ride I found out was $600, same one as the Gojira drummer, wicked bell. The 'shitty' hats I sold for $350 on eBay ;p The old pedal I sold for $80 and the snare would be about $500 new. So all in all after selling the stuff I paid about $300 for about 3 grand of gear. :D Also got a few cymbals for a steal... $60 for a $350 Meinl cymbal.

There's an online program that automatically bids for you literally at the last second, with whatever details you put in. Its a pretty bitchy thing to do but it DOES score you awesome deals.

I don't go out often.
Don't spend on anything else except for food and gasoline :D
Well I am a student and I have no additional job at the moment (fixing that soon).
Ok I don't have that much gear, but I started getting my stuff hlaf a year ago ;)

What do you have to do?
the study I am in right now is for advil....i take one advil in the morning watch tv all day, play on the internet talking to you guys all day, play pool, or read, whatever...then take one advil at night...then go to sleep. i do that for 14 days straight then on day fifteen they take blood from me to see how my body metabolizes the drug. thats it. there are different drugs and different amounts but thats about what you do in all of them. for you smokers...they have smoking studies too...and they pay good but i can't get int them cause i dont smoke. and they have alcahol studies too, cant get in those cause i dont drink.