Are any of you mentally ill?

Q: Am I mentally ill?

A: Yes, slightly in some way I guess. I can get super fucking nervous for easy tasks and I barely speak to anyone. Dunno why though, I've been like this for years, and it doesn't seem to fade. Some days are worse than others, but I manage to live this way quite ok.
Because of my way of being i've noticed people behaving awkward around me. And that's really bothering me the most.
I don't plan to go to a shrink about this since I wanna sort it out myself (if that's even possible).
/rant

I can get super fucking nervous for easy tasks

Me too man, it sucks ass. I'm not shy or introverted, and people usually like me i guess, but sometimes i get very nervous with meaningless tasks and i feel overtaken by tension. It prevents me from using logic and i get totally lost very easily, especially in work. I think i have some huge anxiety problem or something.

In disguise!

We have all been really geting our post on here in the last few days...

EDIT: Holly shit Kev! I just realised how fat your post count is. I remember when you hit 1000 back in the day...

Ok I'm geting way of topic now...

No mental illness here, just HSP (highly sensitive person) And I'm 100% sure there are more HSP's on this forum, can't miss.

No mental illness here, just HSP (highly sensitive person) And I'm 100% sure there are more HSP's on this forum, can't miss.

I'm pretty sure we have both LSP (Lowly Sensitive Person, just HAVE to use that acronym heehee!) and HSP...and sure, the often forgotten inbetweens...heh. But question; when is a person a HSP? This is a highly subjective matter. Some people may seem like LSP because they're so sick of being HSP. A lot of my friends are like this (yes, I talk way too often about my friends..heh), because we used to be one hell of a emo gang...and, well, now some of us probably come off as very LSP, but in truth are very HSP. So, people you think are LSP, might very often be HSP...so, yes, back to the question...when is a person HSP? I'm sure there is a definition somewhere in some psychology book somwhere...I would really like to see one, cause that must be one heck of a job to define.

I'm not mocking you though, if you get that impression. :)

Highly sensitive people process sensory data much more deeply and thoroughly due to a biological difference in their nervous systems. (Wikipedia)
And about my personal experiences, I can sense how one feels...It happened once that I felt a headache that someone else was suffering from. I kinda felt what she felt.. But ofcourse, you could say it was a coincedence. But I'm just very sensitive for other peoples feelings...
Sometimes I also get so overwhelmed with sounds and ofcourse crowds.

Hmm...I notice that it's hard for me to describe how I feel in english haha..Sorry bout that. Ow and btw, I don't feel mocked, don't worry.

I think I would a LSP then. Yesterday this guy fell of the top floor balcony of the building I work in. I don't think he jumped because he only fell one floor onto the glass sun shade over the balcony below. He had some serious head injuries. There was a lot of blood running down the glass. About 5 seconds later he was covered in paramedics. All I thought how odd it was to see a guy lying on the glass with so much blood.

I'm sure I should have felt very sorry and shocked and what not, but I didn't. I just thought it was odd.

Highly sensitive people process sensory data much more deeply and thoroughly due to a biological difference in their nervous systems. (Wikipedia)
And about my personal experiences, I can sense how one feels...It happened once that I felt a headache that someone else was suffering from. I kinda felt what she felt.. But ofcourse, you could say it was a coincedence. But I'm just very sensitive for other peoples feelings...
Sometimes I also get so overwhelmed with sounds and ofcourse crowds.

Hmm...I notice that it's hard for me to describe how I feel in english haha..Sorry bout that. Ow and btw, I don't feel mocked, don't worry.

It's hard to say. It's easy to think one feels what other feels, yet you probably didn't feel exactly what she felt, just saw that she was suffering and related to the pain and sure..sometimes people can mirror others emotions rather accurate. I don't know, so maybe you did. The next time it happens, try asking where in the head it hurts (after you've felt yourself of course), if it's the back of the head, the front..behind the eyes etc..if so maybe you can get an idea of how close you manage to get.
Anyhoo, some people also develope physical signs from others. Maybe it's not the same, but heh..some guys become sympathy pregnant while the wife is pregnant and their body start to look pregnant. http://health.howstuffworks.com/sympathy-pregnancy.htm

So, be careful! :D

I think I would a LSP then. Yesterday this guy fell of the top floor balcony of the building I work in. I don't think he jumped because he only fell one floor onto the glass sun shade over the balcony below. He had some serious head injuries. There was a lot of blood running down the glass. About 5 seconds later he was covered in paramedics. All I thought how odd it was to see a guy lying on the glass with so much blood.

I'm sure I should have felt very sorry and shocked and what not, but I didn't. I just thought it was odd.

Well, that could have been some kind of shock you went through..where you just phased out, many do. But sure, you might also be LSP..heh..
Liked how you wriote "covered in paramedics...". It's a funny picture..

It's hard to say. It's easy to think one feels what other feels, yet you probably didn't feel exactly what she felt, just saw that she was suffering and related to the pain and sure..sometimes people can mirror others emotions rather accurate.

No but that's the weird part, I had an instant headache and I asked her, do you have a headache? And she was like, yeah, why?

Anyhoo, some people also develope physical signs from others. Maybe it's not the same, but heh..some guys become sympathy pregnant while the wife is pregnant and their body start to look pregnant. http://health.howstuffworks.com/sympathy-pregnancy.htm

So, be careful! :D

Hahaha, I would be like, darling, stop with the beerdrinking already will ya? :p