Are any of you mentally ill?

No but that's the weird part, I had an instant headache and I asked her, do you have a headache? And she was like, yeah, why?

Well, who knows. If it happens more, then it probably can be something of an ability. But one time alone sounds more like "luck". You'll just have to try get more headaches :p

Hahaha, I would be like, darling, stop with the beerdrinking already will ya? :p

:D

I'm a happy person. Was depressive and down maybe only a little when i was 15-16 . I'm 19 now. I always knew how to boost my morale, get it better. I think it's because of my way of thinking, looking at life. That gets the seratonin go higher. Something like that.

I suffer from depression and, quite possibly, am Bipolar (Bipolar II, to be exact). I take 2 different medications at present for it which seem to help (finally). Thankfully, my love of KATATONIA and "dark" music in general never diminishes...I always tell my wife "sad music makes me happy"...

I'm a HSP (high sensitive person) just like someone mentioned before and umm.. the pschycic told me i have it on a high level and i'm starting to work living with it now with therapy and shit. :)

I was diagnosed with clinical depression a few months ago. I had had enough of feeling nothing, of self harming, of suicidal thoughts. The doctor gave me some medication for it, which made it worse, alot fucking worse. So I stopped taking it. Now I go to counselling sessions once a week and self medicate with SH and alcohol. It keeps me sane, well sane enough, I know at some point I will have to stop the self destructive behaviour. But for now without SH and alcohol I dont even want to think what I would do.

I have Schizophrenia in my family (my Dad). So far no signs that he passed it on but you never know, he didn't start displaying symptoms until he was 35 and I am only 26.

Also, at work people used to say I was bipolar (it was a running joke apparently). In fact I was just hyper sensitive to caffeine so I would come in to work in the morning with loads of energy and not stop talking and then in the afternoon I would just be all quiet and slow! It's difficult convincing people who have no knowledge of mentail illness that it's unpredictable and not as punctual as my caffeine induced frenzies!!!! Ha ha.

I was diagnosed with clinical depression a few months ago. I had had enough of feeling nothing, of self harming, of suicidal thoughts. The doctor gave me some medication for it, which made it worse, alot fucking worse. So I stopped taking it. Now I go to counselling sessions once a week and self medicate with SH and alcohol. It keeps me sane, well sane enough, I know at some point I will have to stop the self destructive behaviour. But for now without SH and alcohol I dont even want to think what I would do.

Alcohol WILL make it worse. That's simply a fact over time. So yes, I hope you get out of it. Do you remember the name of the medication you got?

I would advice you to tell your doctor why the medication didn't work or what the sideeffects was, so that you could get something that works for you. Some drugs work very differently on people. Don't do like way too many do and fuck the therapy up with alternative medicine various self medication ways.

You just stopped taking your medication you say...be damned careful with that. Stopping taking some drugs too abrupt can be disasterous.

Alternative medicine is just medicine that hasn't been researched well enough. If you can fight the depression without drugs, that would be the best of course.
EIther way, physical training helps a lot of people with depression.

Just saying these things because it's something I see a lot of. You're going to counselling and that's great!

What is SH?

Alcohol WILL make it worse. That's simply a fact over time. So yes, I hope you get out of it. Do you remember the name of the medication you got?

I would advice you to tell your doctor why the medication didn't work or what the sideeffects was, so that you could get something that works for you. Some drugs work very differently on people. Don't do like way too many do and fuck the therapy up with alternative medicine various self medication ways.

Alternative medicine is just medicine that hasn't been researched well enough. If you can fight the depression without drugs, that would be the best of course.

What is SH?
I think it was called fluroxide or fluroxitine or something like that.

SH is self harm.

Fluoxetin probably.
Self harm..riight, thanks.

Ever had a eating disorder or OCD? You don't have to answer any of these questions btw. If you're younger than 20 years..it's probably better if you manage without the medication. But it's sad that you drink alcohol..I know it's tough to not do it if you're young, but really..the evidence is overwhelming when it comes to the link between alcohol and depression. I've seen alcoholics (not saying you're one!) who have been "dry" for many years who just take one beer and ends up in a deep depression again. It's very sad to see...usually they say that they had to have some beer because it makes them sleep better or something close to that. Bad sleep habits are also a bad thing, but alcohol is one of the worst.

I would of course like to say fucking stop the SH, but that won't help much, you'll have to be ready to deal with that when you actually are. You have insight to your disease it seems. That's very good.
It's incredibly much harder to treat someone who doesn't see that they have a problem. Always happy to see that :)

(btw..won't be back before tomorrow on this forum. And no, I'm not a doctor, so your critical sense should tell you should be careful with who you believe over the internet. I'm a nurse at a psychiatric acute ward.

Fluoxetin probably.
Self harm..riight, thanks.

Ever had a eating disorder or OCD? You don't have to answer any of these questions btw. If you're younger than 20 years..it's probably better if you manage without the medication. But it's sad that you drink alcohol..I know it's tough to not do it if you're young, but really..the evidence is overwhelming when it comes to the link between alcohol and depression. I've seen alcoholics (not saying you're one!) who have been "dry" for many years who just take one beer and ends up in a deep depression again. It's very sad to see...usually they say that they had to have some beer because it makes them sleep better or something close to that. Bad sleep habits are also a bad thing, but alcohol is one of the worst.

I would of course like to say fucking stop the SH, but that won't help much, you'll have to be ready to deal with that when you actually are. You have insight to your disease it seems. That's very good.
It's incredibly much harder to treat someone who doesn't see that they have a problem. Always happy to see that :)

(btw..won't be back before tomorrow on this forum. And no, I'm not a doctor, so your critical sense should tell you should be careful with who you believe over the internet. I'm a nurse at a psychiatric acute ward.

Well I'm overweight if that counts as an eating disorder, im a little OCD on somethings, but who isnt right :lol:.

I'm 19 btw. I have mixed feelings about medication, sometimes I feel I should be on it, but other times I feel it would be an easy way out of dealing with my problems. Now you see I dont personally think I have a problem with alcohol, I drink about a bottle of wine a night, sometimes more. I dont think that is excessive myself as im quite a big guy I can take alcohol more than average sized people. My friends think I'm an alcoholic though:lol:.

Having self harmed for so long I dont want to think of my life without it, it keeps me in control of my life. Although christ there are so many downsides to it:

Not being able to go swimming.
Not being able to go to the beach.
Constantly wearing longsleves, even in the most unbearable hot weather.
Being scared that someone will touch you and break your stitches, or feeling your scars under your clothes.
Constantly feeling on guard so that no-one sees that little bit of scar when your shirt comes down your arm.
Having to wash blood stained clothes and bed sheets in private.
Feeling sick all the time that family and/or friends will find out and judge you.
Getting funny looks as you buy tools.
Feeling soul crushing shame as you tell your friend, family member, councellor, doctor.
Not being able to go an hour without thinking about it.
Being scared of being alone of what you might do.
What if you cut too deep one time?
Constantly scanning peoples arms to see signs of SH, to convince yourself your not alone.
And the pang in yourself when you find you are, and theres no-one else.
The fear of panic attacks.
Having little money, as so much goes towards it, before and after.
Running into public bathrooms to do it.
Not being able to controll yourself.
Dreaming about it.

Just a warning to those thinking about SH or who ever wants to SH, never, ever, ever fucking do it. You'll be addicted from day one, then its just a fucking spiral down towards needing fucking stitches 3/4 times a week.

And also going to see professionals etc, I always have this fear in my head that they'll think im crazy and shove me in some loony bin and I'll stay there for the rest of my life.

Well I'm overweight if that counts as an eating disorder, im a little OCD on somethings, but who isnt right :lol:.

I'm 19 btw. I have mixed feelings about medication, sometimes I feel I should be on it, but other times I feel it would be an easy way out of dealing with my problems. Now you see I dont personally think I have a problem with alcohol, I drink about a bottle of wine a night, sometimes more. I dont think that is excessive myself as im quite a big guy I can take alcohol more than average sized people. My friends think I'm an alcoholic though:lol:.

Having self harmed for so long I dont want to think of my life without it, it keeps me in control of my life. Although christ there are so many downsides to it:

Not being able to go swimming.
Not being able to go to the beach.
Constantly wearing longsleves, even in the most unbearable hot weather.
Being scared that someone will touch you and break your stitches, or feeling your scars under your clothes.
Constantly feeling on guard so that no-one sees that little bit of scar when your shirt comes down your arm.
Having to wash blood stained clothes and bed sheets in private.
Feeling sick all the time that family and/or friends will find out and judge you.
Getting funny looks as you buy tools.
Feeling soul crushing shame as you tell your friend, family member, councellor, doctor.
Not being able to go an hour without thinking about it.
Being scared of being alone of what you might do.
What if you cut too deep one time?
Constantly scanning peoples arms to see signs of SH, to convince yourself your not alone.
And the pang in yourself when you find you are, and theres no-one else.
The fear of panic attacks.
Having little money, as so much goes towards it, before and after.
Running into public bathrooms to do it.
Not being able to controll yourself.
Dreaming about it.

Just a warning to those thinking about SH or who ever wants to SH, never, ever, ever fucking do it. You'll be addicted from day one, then its just a fucking spiral down towards needing fucking stitches 3/4 times a week.

And also going to see professionals etc, I always have this fear in my head that they'll think im crazy and shove me in some loony bin and I'll stay there for the rest of my life.
Oh dear.. :ill:

I guess i may as well mention that after highschool, as long as I'm accepted I'll be taking a nursing course. It's not that unusual nowadays... just in the 1950s and stuff.