Do you suffer from any mental conditions?

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
If you're willing to, humbly put aside your pride and share your experiences. I personally suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder, insomnia, anxiety, and depression. On the outside, I seem like a normal guy; I have lots of friends, I date all the time, I like to go out, etc. But beneath the surface, I don't think I know of anyone as weird as I am.

Due to my obsessive compulsive disorder, I tend to worry about little things and blow them out of proportion, I get a bad foreboding feeling when I don't do certain things exactly the same way every time, and I tend sometimes tend to repeat things I feel strongly about (I'm sure some of you have noticed this). I also have some very weird hangups that I will not get into on here.

I have pretty bad anxiety, so I am always stressing out and worrying about things most people wouldn't. I hate being in large crowds; they make me feel very uneasy. I generally view strangers as hostile, and feel people in general bear ill will towards me (and others, for that matter). My anxiety is also so bad that I wouldn't be able to sleep normally without medication. Similarly, I suffer from depression. I tend to take the positive things for granted, and dwell on the negative, and blow it out of proportion. I never truly feel happy or content.

Anyone else have similar problems? Feel free to flame me, I don't care. But if you do, it speaks volumes about your character (ie you'd be a scumbag for doing so).

I suffer from very bad Depression.

I finally after many years have it under control thanks to many different doctors and countless combinations of meds.

I lost several jobs and a relationship due to this condition. I was in very bad shape for many years. Bed ridden. Constantly self medicating with anything and everything I could get my hands on.

Although I do joke now and then about drugs and alcohol I am clean and sober for 3 years. This played a very big part in my taking control of my condition. My awesome wife and family also played a big part.

I am in no way ashamed of my troubles and I challenge anyone to ridicule people with problems such as these.

I have some similar conditions as you. I never really feel truly happy, but rather just content or depressed about things that have been going on. I use to have a problem in school in certain classes about having a nervous breakdown. Basically any class that was strict lecture with no discussion on the students part. I didn't take anything, I just felt like I was gonna freak out or scream and had to doodle on my paper to stop thinking about it. I generally have a negative view on strangers and make judgments about them rather then getting to know them.

I also tend to be a neat freak. I get stressed out when things around me aren't clean or organized. For example, I feel really stressed if my room isn't clean and it's all I can think about. I'm also kind of controlling. I want to be in charge or responsible for activities/games etc.

I don't know if any of these are "mental conditions" but this is how I feel for the most part.

Depression, general anxiety and paranoia, etc. You know, the regular stuff. And then there's the panic disorder. From time to time, I just randomly experience an intense fear of death... and panic. I start feeling dizzy, running back and forth, hyperventilating, and sometimes I scream. Seems to happen anywhere, anytime. It's been like this for years.

mild ocd and possibly some kind of sociopathy, although i've been officially tested for neither. i distrust the rigid categorising of mental 'conditions'

I've had some serious tic problems. One has been concerning blinking my eyelids, i could get completely caught up in how many times i should blink, not a real number of times but just "now i have to blink fast several times for ten seconds", it's insane how much i thought about this for a couple of years.
I'm also greatly hypocondric, i've thought that i was about to die countless times.

depression and anxiety runs in my mothers side of the family. ive never been diagnosed with anything though. actually, i have no interest in knowing.

i do blindly hate most people though. maybe thats a disease.
~gR~

What's the reason for that though? I'm the same, most people i see i just want to punch in the face for some reason, it's like i want to find flaws in everyone and focus on that.

I was depressed for all of middle school and the first half of high school. I had very few friends and my ADHD was a major factor in my lack of social acceptance. Coincidentally it was when I started listening to Metal that the depression began to wear off and I found more friends who shared such interests. But even then I considered myself a miserable, solitary, out-of-the-loop kind of person. My inconformity, compounded by my OCD-micromanagement of life, made me unwilling to dive into the uncertainty of social interaction.

But it was very recently I realized that going around to parties and meeting people, and wasting myself in hedonism was not necessary. I only thought that partying and such was just the means to meet people, establish relationships, get laid etc. etc.

I think I finally found the exit to my misery and solitude. I finally met someone whose biggest passions are academic, someone who completes me.

Toss me on the depression/anxiety bandwagon. My mothers side of the family has a history or this. I had some real issues when I was young. I do not remember exactly what it was all about though. I remember from about 3rd grade on I would get terrible gut wrenching stomach aches every morning before school. They would be so strong I couldn't stand straight, and I would often puke. I had to go to a councilor type guy for a while, and they actually put me on Prozac. In elementary school. My parents took me off it though.

Depression has always been a major factor in my life. Sometimes it gets really bad and I am not sure how i will continue to deal with it. Thinking that it may last my whole life only makes the feeling worse. I also get anxiety quite often. It is weird though, sometimes certain situations do not bother me at all and sometimes they suck and make me feel really uncomfortable. I also tend to be very anti-social. I should probably see someone about these issues but, the issues themselves prevent me from doing so.

Always been 'depressed' I guess. I takes medicines now for quite a while. Main problem is that I get very jealous for no rational reason and feel a need to be completely in control of everyone all the time. Weeeeee.

Depression.

I suffer from very bad Depression.

I lost several jobs and a relationship due to this condition.

I've had problems with jobs also and have destroyed relationship and all my jobs have spent all my money on alcohol and drugs. I would pop pills at work or even a mall and regardless where I was popping large ammounts of pills for about 5,6 years up until probably 8 months ago.

Used to have depression when I was back in middle school, but other than that epoch of my life i've never had mental conditions. I can't even grasp how hard it would be for someone to go through life with severe mental conditions.

I had ADD and I have a bit of undiagnosed OCD, but who doesn't have a bit of OCD?

Other than that, my grandpappy was an alcoholic, but he couldn't do much after WWII because of his injury

I have no mental issues. I procrastinate when the time comes to do school work and i find no good in most people, but who doesn't? HA.