Do any of you suffer from depression?

IOfTheStorm said:
depression is the greatest trend among metalheads

I'll agree with you but in order for that to be true you have to be like 13-16 and listen to HIM and all that gayness!

My mum had severe depression and as a result went on Prozac...made her worse! Fucking doctors, but when she came off it she actually got better, and since coming off it has been much happier! Yay!

well IM GETTING DEPRESSED....because im gonna be kicked from school soon....well actually i dont fucking care about that but...when i do get kicked from school my parents make me pay rent...so i have to go fucking work...its a dillemma....god damned i hate my parents...sick bastards

I'm bipolar. On 200 mgs of topamax and 400 mgs of Wellbutrin. I think I'm going to get some medications changed around, though, cos I can't take birth control pills while on topamax.

I don't know if it's the medications or the two months I spent in the nuthouse in Dec/Jan and part of Feb that have helped me, but I'm able to deal with myself so much better than I was a year or 8 months ago. A combination of both I suppose. I still feel like I'm in hell sometimes, though the feelings aren't nearly as intense, and now I know it'll be okay. I feel kind of tortured inside my own head a lot of the times, but I don't think that will ever change....

Sometimes, Mr. Sin, letting things get to you is the only way to change them or make them any better. I don't like sitting down and letting some things happen, because later on they might directly affect me.

I dont think that depression is always mind-over-matter. It's a chemical imbalance in my case. A lot of people are confused as to what depression truly is too. I'm depressed, but no one has a clue except for my immediate family. On the outside, of course I look like an average guy, as do I act like one. If a person is truly depressed, they don't whine, they just live life and feel like complete and total ass-crap. I do agree, however, that half of the people that are "depressed" are younger in age and have made themselves depressed either because of a. puberty( :tickled: ) or b. their shitty music. ( :tickled: )

hmm...My brain chemistry is a bit off from a wonderful lack of seritonin that runs in my family...happy Swedes..
So we tend to get disgruntled for no reason.

I mostly get depressed from the everyday chaos in life...especially from people being cruel and callous..eh, such is life.
I try my best to deal with it :)

MethodicalWasteManagement said:
I dont think that depression is always mind-over-matter. It's a chemical imbalance in my case.
I have heard that but, uh... I have to disagree. I just feel that every one is in charge of their own destiny (and feelings for that matter). If there is something wrong with you head, and you know it, you can chage it. Yeah, it ain't easy, but what is ya know.

NL, that is some what what I mean when I say "fuck it". Like my last example, the reason I felt over welmed was the fact that I was getting married and having a baby. It was the fact that my life style had to change and I had to be even more responsible then I was before. So in this case when I say "fuck it" what I mean to say is, "I have to make a change. So , stop whinning or worrying about it and just do." Sometimes it also means it also means "I don't care" or "I don't want to hear this right now too".

Hey when you took that tattoo what did the pain feel like? Did it hurt alot? I might be going to get one soon :)
Anyhow back to the depression discussion...I agree with what most of you have to say on the topic and I also think that most depressed people look like a so called *normal person...you wouldn't even know they are depressed...well unless they talk about it all the time or whatever...I totally disagree that some of you said people may be depressed because of the music they listen to...I find that to be total BS! I doubt it that music can be the cause that makes you feel depressed...but if you are depressed and listen to very thought provoking or emotional music this can make things worse...also drinking alcohol when you are depressed is a big NO NO! I wouldn't recommend it...it can also make you become an addict. Anyhow let me shut up now...I'm gonna see what is on TV...

THE TV LIES - WD

I don't disagree with you TSMYR, in the least. Although, I've tried and tried to say "fuck it" and it just doesn't always work. Not to sound like an ass, but only when you go through it do you truly understand. I do agree that there are measures that can be taken to rid one of depression, and trust me, I do everything in my power to rid myself of it. The thing is though, depression isn't just a feeling. Depression is not a day long thing, you are born with it. Whether from post-traumatic stress syndrome, or many other things, it's not just a feeling. If depression were a feeling, I'd drink and smoke that feeling away. (Even though it doesn't I still do both, quite heavily.)

Well, it wasn't the best feeling in the world. I did have to make him stop a couple time because my skin was raw. Besides that the parts that hurt the most is the out line. They have to "brake the skin" as they call it. Which means grind the gun into your organs. lol but it didn't hurt bad enough to keep me from getting another one.

I don't disagree with you TSMYR, in the least. Although, I've tried and tried to say "fuck it" and it just doesn't always work. Not to sound like an ass, but only when you go through it do you truly understand. I do agree that there are measures that can be taken to rid one of depression, and trust me, I do everything in my power to rid myself of it. The thing is though, depression isn't just a feeling. Depression is not a day long thing, you are born with it. Whether from post-traumatic stress syndrome, or many other things, it's not just a feeling. If depression were a feeling, I'd drink and smoke that feeling away. (Even though it doesn't I still do both, quite heavily.)
I don't think you are born with it...anyone can become depressed and true it isn't a day long thing...it can last for years...I wouldn't advise drinkin or smokin to rid the feeling...personally I don't think that numbs that pain at all...I just gives you that "fuck away" attitude...but inside you are still sad, lonely etc...

TheSinMakesYouReal said:
I have heard that but, uh... I have to disagree. I just feel that every one is in charge of their own destiny (and feelings for that matter). If there is something wrong with you head, and you know it, you can chage it. Yeah, it ain't easy, but what is ya know.
No, that makes no sense. If you're having a heart attack you can't just say "fuck it" and magically make your heart work fine again.
I believe nowadays most psychologists agree that depression can be caused by both sociological and biological reasons. In the case of sociological reasons like the 13 year old loser goth girl that's depressed and cuts herself cause she can't fit in with the others and other ridiculous crap like that, a serious kick in the ass and change of attitude might fix the problem.
But if the depression is due to chemical imbalances in the brain I doubt you could accomplish much with just a change of attitude and no help from meds. You have no control over the production of chemicals in your brain to change the situation.

If depression were a feeling, I'd drink and smoke that feeling away. (Even though it doesn't I still do both, quite heavily.)
well, smoking and other drugs cause depression. I know this to be a fact. so dinking or smoking it a way will and would never work. I don't know how long you stay clean or sober for, but try extending it by a week. see how you feel. I bet you'll feel better.

Guerrilla said:
No, that makes no sense. If you're having a heart attack you can't just say "fuck it" and magically make your heart work fine again.
You're not understanding what I mean by "fuck it". I don't mean ignore the problem, I mean make you self face what has to be changed and change it. You can't fix a heart attack but you can prevent it. Think about it more like that. and again this just my opinion and what works for me.

SinMakesYouReal- iagree with 90% of what you say.

i dont think ive ever had a long depression period, i can deal with 99% of things that happen and happened to me.
i did have bad times, (jee, who hadnt?) and sad times, when all i did was to be alone and cry, but you know, being alone and cry- is a way of dealing with a mild depression.
so - i guess overall - im a pretty happy person that is very aware of herself and tries to deal with everything.
Will power- is the key - and on that- you're right SinMakesYouReal/.

However........ not all depressed people wear a sad mask.
the real depressed people, that have no balance in their brain- will look rather normal to you, they will laugh, and they will act almost always like a regular person,
but what is going on in their heads is something complitely different.
they see the world as a gray room that slowly getting smaller and smaller....
they want to shout: but no sound somes out.
they can sit and stare for hours with no emotion on their faces and think of nothing...
they see no future.... no life.

Ive read alot of books about manic-depressed people. mostly because i had a really good friend that was sick.

like Guerrila say: there is a big differwnce between a 13 years old goth girl, and to other people like i mentioned above.

those of you that say "yeah im depressed"
instead of that, try to be happy for a change.