Do Opeth fans like bands such as the Stones, Beatles, etc?

I really love the "late" Beatles. Albums like Abbey Road, Sgt.Peppers and White Album are masterpieces IMHO.

My fav band: Led Zep.

i think that many people here are opened mind...the other they i asked about some duran duran hits and for my suprise many guys answered the thread...remember that duran duran isn't metal...they're more into the pop vein...so, it'll be no surprise see people here that enjoy beatles and stuff.

i don't like teh Beatles or Beach Boys. but, do like the Stones, Doors, Pink Floyd, The Who, Deep Purple, Jethro Tull, Zeppelin, Sabbath, and others.

I love the Beach Boys. Everyone who has ever passed them off as some simple 1960's teeny-bopper act has to get their ass a copy of "Pet Sounds" and hear some of the most masterful pop music of all time. Sure they put out some crap early in their career revolved mostly around girls and surfing, but when Brian Wilson took control of their entire recording process on "Pet Sounds" and the ill-fated "Smile," it's simply a genius at work--he blew the lid off of anything that had been considered "recording" at the time, and sought new ways of making sounds, recording sounds, and perfectly placing them into the song's context. When it was released, Paul McCartney said it was the most amazing album he'd ever heard, and the Beatles' recording of "Sgt. Pepper's LHCB" was their act of trying to match the greatness of it.

Pet Sounds. Seriously. Listen to it.

The Beatles will always be the greatest rock band to have ever existed in my opinion. I have a Beatle Box will mags, books, calenders, posters, all vinyls, collector cards, and cassette tapes. I am what you might call a big fan.

I think Beatles has done a good amount of cool songs! "While my guitar gently weeps" is a superb song IMO! Thanatopsis123, you should try and check this song out - it has a lot of emotion if you ask me. Most of their songs are kind of happy and upbeat, but this is a sad song. As I said, superb shit!
I think the Rolling Stones aren't that good. "Paint it black" is a superb song and "Gimme shelter" is a great song as well! The rest of the stuff I've heard by them didn't really do anything for me.
Most of the stuff I listen is 60's/70's stuff and I have records from more or less ANY genre that existed before the 80's, except for punk (have some Hellacopters though) & Gregorian Chants (have some classical (incl. opera) though). I have 1134 records at the moment and I think around 80 of them are metal (including Guns N' Roses, Skid Row, Van Halen & stuff like that). The rest is non-metal stuff and more or less all from before 1982!
If the Beatles weren't that great, how come people are still willing to pay thousands of dollars for their stuff today? Sure, they're the biggest selling artists of all time, but Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez and so on are the biggest selling artists today and they're forgotten in 20 years! We debated this on the "General music discussion" in the "Band you just hate" thread. If the Beatles didn't have talent they would have been forgotten now, but every single time a new album comes out (whether it's that "1" or remasters or whatever) they still sell. Do I have to mention Jennifer Lopez again?
Mozart may be the greatest musical talent of all time!!! His work still stands up today over 200 years after his death! Sure, not all people like his work, and personally I only have his 40th symphony & Requiem, but he still enchantes people all of the world this day today!
Music is 100% a matter of taste, so if you don't like the Beatles that's just fine. I think they have done some crap songs as well (like "Yesterday", "Let it be", "Ob la di ob la da", "Yellow submarine" and so on), but because you don't like their music it's not the same as saying they're no good or doesn't have talent. Just like Mozart!
Check out what I discussed with lord667 about the Beatles here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46967&perpage=25&pagenumber=3

The thing you gotta realize about the Beatles, is that though they were a "corperate pop act" in their early stages, once the band started experimenting with drugs and stopped touring, they said fuck the record company, and started doing things on their own terms, and thus Sgt Pepper, Abbey Road, Rubber Soul, and all that amazing revolutionary psychedelic prog rock. They took their fame aquired through their teeny bopper stage, and used it to expand the minds of their audiences by showing them a world they would likely have never seen.

And that is pretty fucking metal.

Also, you absolutely cannot deny their songwriting talent. The songs they have written have essentially become "standards", and they have written so many of them. They possesed the talent to craft melodies that will be remembered and sang throughout the ages, something thats on par with the great composers of the classical, baroque, and romantic ages have done.

The Beatles were pretty much the greatest band of all time, and anyone that writes them off as "suck" seriously needs to open their minds.

Originally posted by Brooks
The thing you gotta realize about the Beatles, is that though they were a "corperate pop act" in their early stages, once the band started experimenting with drugs and stopped touring, they said fuck the record company, and started doing things on their own terms, and thus Sgt Pepper, Abbey Road, Rubber Soul, and all that amazing revolutionary psychedelic prog rock. They took their fame aquired through their teeny bopper stage, and used it to expand the minds of their audiences by showing them a world they would likely have never seen.

And that is pretty fucking metal.

EXACTLY! And similar thoughts can be said of the Stones. Their early period was weak overall, although there were many 'bright spots'. However, in '67-'68 when they actually decided to write an ALBUM, as opposed to just hit singles, they took off!