Do people actually pay money to see Epic movie, date movie, disaster movie, etc?

What really doesn't make sense to me is whey it's called Disaster Movie. From what I've seen in the commercials, none of the spoofs have anything to do with a disaster movie unless they're saying the movies they are spoofing were disasters.

i watched one of those movies online once and i will never again, it was so horrible i couldn't believe someone actually spent the time to make it and even worse that someone could pay to see it.

They keep making more because for some reason people keep going to see them.

WHY

WHYYYYYYYYYY

and I believe it's called "Disaster Movie" because they started writing it based on spoofing Day After Tomorrow and Cloverfield, et al, but then decided to just keep on doing movie references which by all intents and purposes seems to be solely based on their trailers (at least my guess from seeing the trailers for this)

The t-shirt with "Don't Vote For Pedro". HAHAHAHAHA how do they come up with this shit???!? I mean, Napoleon wanted to vote for Pedro and those directors stuck it right back in our face. "Don't Vote For Pedro". HAHAHA What happens to Pedro? I dunno!!! I didn't vote for him!! It changes EVERYTHING!!

And a COW! Falling on Iron Man in the new one. I mean... where did it come from? Was it flying? A flying cow!! HAHAHAA Cow's don't fly! That's perposterous!!!

And like in the trailer for "Meet the Spartans," you watch it and say "HAHAHA ITS RAMBO... ONLY A MIDGET HAHAHAHAHA"

what?