Do people demand you work faster?

true, I'm getting the same requests but am usually turning them down.
In the end there'll be "produced/mixed...by..." in the booklet and not "we're cheap cunts and can't play our own songs", so what you'll be judged by is the result only and nothing else.
I strongly believe that the music I'm producing is the best advertising I can get and I'd rather turn down a client or work WAY longer for the same money (constantly doing that) before I deliver a weak result.

that said...I'm kinda just starting and am really trying to see things over the long run....I know, that way it's really hard to pay the rent, but I don't want it to be as difficult in 5 years from now, so I'm trying to build up a name that stands for quality.

don't get me wrong, I'd love to do that kind of jobs, but I just don't think that it'll pay off in the long run cause it's just a bad advertising (unless you're planning to do that kind of jobs for the next couple of years), and seriously, your work is really good and you should start to take some more time and charge more for your work.
it's in your own hands how bands see you, fastfood or a nice steak with wine...
I'll have the steak

I hear ya ;)

I have to whore myself out for a while to get some bills paid.

I'll have to keep doing this stuff a little longer until some of the groups make a name for themselves.

All the work I have lined up for the next 2 months is all 1 and 2 day sessions.