Do you agree with me?

Do you hate (according to the description in my post) King of Terrors?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 97.2%

• Total voters

ElPredicador

Yeah... Whatever
Jul 27, 2002
Santiago, Chile
Hi there.
Just wandering if I'm the only one here that hates King of terrors?
I say hate, but it's really like a feeling of "what the hell is a band like symphony x playing a song like this"? I usually skip that song when listening to that cd.

Not really. True, Symphony X kinda shocked a number of people with "King of Terrors", but it's not really out of their element. The chorus is still decidedly SyX, and so is the middle stretch of the song.

The Yngster said:
Wait, are we voting:
Yes I agree that King of Terrors sucks or
Yes your the only one who hates it

King of Terrors owns, especially live.

Well...

Poll title said:
Do you hate (according to the description in my post) King of Terrors?

Subject title said:
Do you agree with me?

What's confusing about this? Just ignore what he says and answer the question.

"King of Terrors" is one of my favorites from the new album. It's so brutally heavy and ferocious... but with a very melodic and soaring chorus.

Just wandering if I'm the only one here that hates King of terrors

Yeah.... thats what confused me Friend of Moluch. And why would I just read the title of a thread and not look at what the person wrote? Kind of defeats the purpose of everything that has to do with a message board.

what!!!! KOT is AWESOME!!! it's soooo cool, yes its a different style to SyX's regular stuff.. But thats the point.. its based on the pit and the pendulum, its meant to be heart pounding heavy kick ass horror.. plus as i've said i love Edgar Allan Poe, so i am biased a little.

I love it and don't think that it deviates significantly from other things that Symphony X has done. (I'm not saying that it's not at all different, but that it fits within the Symphony X context. I view it as an expansion or maybe a further development of elements that they had shown in the past. I've listened to it specifically to try to figure out what there was to dislike about it, and I can't really find anything. I don't know. Maybe I'm just too good natured. :)

The Yngster said:
Yeah.... thats what confused me Friend of Moluch. And why would I just read the title of a thread and not look at what the person wrote? Kind of defeats the purpose of everything that has to do with a message board.

First, you could try to spell my name right. Second, I know that's what confused you. Third, notice how I showed not only the title of the thread, but the title of the poll itself. When someone asks you a question, straightforward and simple, it is usually best to answer the question. Preferably, straightforward and simply.

I didn't say you couldn't read what he wrote, feel free to do so. I did. I said ignore it because clearly his thoughts aren't structured quite as well as he or I would like them to be. And also notice that what he wrote isn't really a question. It's a statement with a question mark at the end of it. I find it to be rather silly to answer a statement like that with "yes" or "no."

Sorry for being a bitch. King of Terrors rocks.

The Yngster said:
I'm just gonna give up on this, I don't know what either of us are talking bout, I'm too tired... But isn't a statement with a question mark at the end called a question? :err: :D

No... it's just a screwed up sentence. Whatever, go to bed. :D

I didn't really grasp what makes you hate the song, but anyway, I have nothing against it. The one that I like least of "The Odyssey" is "The Turning", because it's a bit boring. But we're all entitled to our own opinions.

"D00d, simf0n7 X 00ns orl. g0 bak 2 ur Linkon Parc b00rd!!!"

Seriously, its probably my favourite song on the album after the title trackand Awakenings! It kicks-ass, I hope it become one of the standards that they allways play at shows (like Of Sins and Shaddows and Evolution)

I'm bemused. The syntax of the question raised became more important than the question itself. : :ill:

anyway, I agree with Hyoukinmono that KOT is not that big of a deviation from SyX's overall style. Besides, the atmosphere of Poe's "The Pit & the Pendulum" demands a song about it to be as brutal and as emotionally charged as that.