Do you all buy Opeth cd's?

i tend to be cautious about things i'm not familiar with.

but to balance that out, things i've grown to trust (like the catalog on lasercd.com) i will buy blindly at random based on how cool i think the cover art is. i have yet to be disappointed because i know that the label owner and myself have similar taste in music.

Of course I buy all my albums...

Though, I do use Kazaa to download some sample songs to see if I like an artist or not (forgive me Opeth). Then if I like them I'll go out and get the album and if I like them enough I'll continue to get the albums. And if I absolutely become addicted to it with a passion I'll go and buy extra copies of either one or all and put them away in case of that unfortunate day the original CD gets screwed (like I did with Opeth, Iced Earth, and Mastodon)

Actually I got into heavy metal because of Opeth, I used to think very poorly of metal back then and thought that what I listened to was the only music period (I was into to alternative rock and all that simple trendy crap, something that I look back on and think about putting a nine millimeter in my head for doing, but thank God I've been set on the path to salvation...) Blackwater Park was my very first metal album (I downloaded one or two songs to see what their other albums sounded like after that,). I had no clue who these guys were or what they were about, I thought they were kind of dark and were in the mainstream rock genre. When I got into my car and played it, it just killed me how I could be so blind and stupid to the world of such complexity and dark brutality and realized just how much I was in a small world of absolute inane delusions. I loved the hell out of it! after that I kind of stuck with the alternaitve rock for a week or two (slow transition because I was still attatched to the sterotype and stigma of metal that I had that kept me away from it in the first place), but alt rock and shit just got too boring and redundant, especially after I heard Opeth I wanted more metal. So I trashed all my rock CD's and hit the metal section of my local record store. And I have discovered music I never thought I could enjoy or existed! But it has opened my eyes. Anyway sorry about the long rant, yes I purchased all 7 Opeth CD's plus the Lamentations DVD and am trying to get a hold of some vynl records, though not even close to any recognizable success there...

I own all Opeth-Albums and the DVD except Morningrise and Orchid. The reasons being ... I don't like them as much as the others and ... they're reeeeeeeeeally expensive
:OMG:
I'm just waiting for a price drop.
And of course I'll pick up the next album the day it's released :)
I just can't have Opeth in my heart if I don't own the CDs.

-Taurui

NightmareFox-foxopeth.jpg

I sometime make copied CDs for my mates, but it is usually to show them a band which they will later get into. I have an MP3/WMA head unit in my car so I make CDs from all the MP3s on my computer (all of which are copied from CD to hard drive) so I can have the whole Opeth collection on CD for ease of use.

The Amazon prviews are mixed, sometimes the 30 seconds are just the intro - so all you might get is some sound effects - but then other times they are useful to find out aboot new bands.

Nice one Apocalypsis Cycle...that is the perfect way to keep music, and especialy underground music going.

I first got into Opeth when I heard The Moor on the Yahoo Launch Cast radio, and I was hooked immediately. I bought Still Life that day and its grown from there.