Do you as a metal listener look down upon other genres of music/their fans?

I've also realized that you also can't determine what kind of music someone listens to by the way they look and dress. I've met many metalheads who are all clean cut and look like business people. I even talked to a diehard power and black metal fan at school who looked like a total wigger.

What he said.

That is pretty cool! I like to see metalheads who don't look like the stereotype. I have long hear, but I still wear all kinds of colourful/weird clothes :loco:

When you just sit around only listening to grindcore and noise of course everyone around you is going to think it's noise. what the fuck do you expect!!!

I don't listen to grindcore all the time. I like death metal, black metal, thrash metal and doom metal as well. also I like traditional heavy metal, like Accept and Judas Priest. there goes your argument out the window.

i'm not really a downer of other peoples tastes in music, but it really annoys me when people go to fast/heavy shows and dont do a damn thing. thats really the only thing. i dont look down at anyone who listens to whatever they listen to because i go from black metal to jazz music. i love all kinds of music.

lets face it, its very easy for us as metalheads to even slam genres within our own sector of music. a lot of the metalheads i know love everything in the realm, minus progressive music or progressive rock. to each their own, but metal to me is to be mutually accepted. i accept bands like Lord Gore in spite of their clear ridiculousness, so why doesn't this asshole friend of mine accept Enchant or Dream Theater? simple. to each their own.

i personally love early 90's grunge, alternative music, some trance and weirdo music, as well as classical and jazz. only genres i cannot stand would be bubblegum pop and country.

I really don't care what other people listen to. I do sometimes try to introduce people to what I listen to, but most of the time they are either just casual music listeners so they don't care about expanding their tastes, or they are just too narrow-minded.

I can usually dig anyone who has passion for music - what ever the genre. what I can't stand are those people who reply to the question "what music do you like" with "everything". The reason ? When you press them, they always quote Phil Collins, R.E.M. in their suckier periods and Celine mother fucking Dion.

I can usually dig anyone who has passion for music - what ever the genre. what I can't stand are those people who reply to the question "what music do you like" with "everything". The reason ? When you press them, they always quote Phil Collins, R.E.M. in their suckier periods and Celine mother fucking Dion.
That is super annoying.:mad:

You fucking know it. Only to be eclipsed by those folks who quote coldplay, Keane, Snow Patrol and whichever interchangeable floppy haired cunts are on the cover of NME this week.

i'm not really a downer of other peoples tastes in music, but it really annoys me when people go to fast/heavy shows and dont do a damn thing. thats really the only thing. i dont look down at anyone who listens to whatever they listen to because i go from black metal to jazz music. i love all kinds of music.

so people can't go to a show just to listen to music anymore?

Yeah, "everything" as an answer to "what kind of music do you listen to?" ALMOST always means "nothing/whatever happens to be playing on crap commercial radio". :mad: