Do you as a metal listener look down upon other genres of music/their fans?

You fucking know it. Only to be eclipsed by those folks who quote coldplay, Keane, Snow Patrol and whichever interchangeable floppy haired cunts are on the cover of NME this week.

fuck man that is annoying. did anyone hear about that MSNBC journalist who publicly slammed Black Sabbath, and admits to liking that stupid feminist band Sleater Kinney?

Yeah, "everything" as an answer to "what kind of music do you listen to?" ALMOST always means "nothing/whatever happens to be playing on crap commercial radio". :mad:

They like everything until you start to list off the genres they don't like. Hmmm I didn't know liking "everything" meant you could hate some genres as well and it still be considered you liking "everything".

They like everything until you start to list off the genres they don't like. Hmmm I didn't know liking "everything" meant you could hate some genres as well and it still be considered you liking "everything".

unfortunately, metal is usually one of them.

Or on the flip side, there's "Oh, I like everything: Rob Zombie, Slayer, Ozzy... everything!" :erk:

so people can't go to a show just to listen to music anymore?

yeah, they can, but the bands i know, it kinda gets them down that you can notice NO ONE is getting into their music, i mean you can just go to a show but the bands appreciate it much more when people move their heads at the least.
it makes bands perform better also.

yeah, they can, but the bands i know, it kinda gets them down that you can notice NO ONE is getting into their music, i mean you can just go to a show but the bands appreciate it much more when people move their heads at the least.
it makes bands perform better also.

In my experience, generally the better a band is musically and the better they perform live, the more chance they have of the crowd getting into it.

That said, I've been to death metal gigs in the past where the band has been going off and all the death metal heads just stand there with their arms folded, stroking their chins. This seems to have stopped happening so much though thank god.

My view: if a person doesn't want to branch out and is OK with what they listen to, then whatever. But if someone claims to know everything about metal and thinks that Ozzy is the only true metal artist out there... they need to die. It gets on my nerves more when someone is a dumbfuck who thinks they know everything, as compared to when someone is in their comfort zone musically.

I have a problem with people who listen to heavy music and then outright hate Black Sabbath. like my dipshit friend Scott.

I can get along with people of just about any music genre. I've had friends into rap, country, pop, dance, jazz, blues, so I really couldn't care less what kind of music one is into as long as they're cool and respect my tastes, however sucky I may think the music they listen to is. As long as one respects my tastes, I'll respect theirs.

I hate cunts that don't listen to metal. Especially when they try to tell me I should be more open minded and listen to "metal" bands like Porcupine Tree and Tool.