Do you have a stock portfolio?

"Because an NFT allows the buyer to own the original item. Not only that, it contains built-in authentication, which serves as proof of ownership. Collectors value those “digital bragging rights” almost more than the item itself."

holy shit. so if a record label or band on bandcamp says they are only allowing 1000 downloads, and I download it, I now have digital bragging rights and can sell that "authentic" download to someone else? am i missing something here?

Steel drilling hard right before record earnings. MM fuckery no doubt.

I dumped all of my PSTH and rolled it into CLF for nearly the exact price per share to the cent.

Never investing in a spac again. Riding and dying with Steel and Shipping Freight Companies.

BTFD

"If you cant be with me while I dip, you dont deserve me when I rip."

"Because an NFT allows the buyer to own the original item. Not only that, it contains built-in authentication, which serves as proof of ownership. Collectors value those “digital bragging rights” almost more than the item itself."

holy shit. so if a record label or band on bandcamp says they are only allowing 1000 downloads, and I download it, I now have digital bragging rights and can sell that "authentic" download to someone else? am i missing something here?
wait, it's actually dumber than that

you can *still* make copies of the files. nothing's stopping you, it's just a file on a computer.

what you're paying real-ass money for is just a digital certificate of ownership. it's not copy protection or anything like that. yes you can sell your certificate of an "authentic" download to some other moron, but anyone can copy the data with or without the certificate.

see, this kind of shit (certificates of authenticity and ownership) makes some amount of sense in the real world because a painting is literally unique, you cannot 1:1 copy it and have it be comprised of the same atoms -- it is impossible. in the digital realm, you can endlessly duplicate everything and end up with the same bits.

what you're paying real-ass money for is just a digital certificate of ownership. it's not copy protection or anything like that. yes you can sell your certificate of an "authentic" download to some other moron, but anyone can copy the data with or without the certificate.

that's what I thought I was missing. what the hell is stopping me from making infinite copies? my conscience?

I weep for the future

If there were no way to reproduce I can see the appeal of such a thing.

Imagine the Pam and Tommy Lee NFT? Can only be viewed by a 100000k specialized NFT motion picture frame.

Bands could market exclusive live show NFTs, you name it.

Unfortunately, its just more crypto cult horse shit. Which btw is sliding back down to reality. Thank Elon!