Votes: 47 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters

karelrulez

Oct 5, 2002
Netherlands
www.ozrics.com
I'm curious about this, since it took me very long to get into them. But now I'm addicted, it's hard to imagine there are people NOT liking them. Let's see what the general opinion here is.

I gave them a chance a long time ago and never really got into it. I then went back, bought Remedy Lane and fell in love. Absolutely amazing delivery by Gildenlow and some superb imagery in their songs. Instrumentals are top notch too, blending so many different styles.

Any word on Be? POS main site is never updated and I have no idea when it's coming out.

I think Entropia is probably my favorite PoS album because I'm a dick and I never felt like giving the other albums a chance. I really should give them a listen sometime, huh? Anyway, they're a really innovative and cool band. Really talented musicians.

Connauch said:
I gave them a chance a long time ago and never really got into it. I then went back, bought Remedy Lane and fell in love. Absolutely amazing delivery by Gildenlow and some superb imagery in their songs. Instrumentals are top notch too, blending so many different styles.

Any word on Be? POS main site is never updated and I have no idea when it's coming out.
Still nothing...POS is known for keeping the details of their releases in secrecy until the last possible moment, but I agree that the official site's failure to update regularly sucks.

I voted "yes" but I can only listen to them every so often. They're just slightly below Rhapsody in terms of overblown cheesy pretensiousness for me (PoS actually having well written lyrics is what sets them apart).

YX wrote
They're just slightly below Rhapsody in terms of overblown cheesy pretensiousness for me
huh?

Rhapsody are direct descendants of the Cheddar clan from the planet Cheese......but I just don't hear any where near that level in PoS at all.....they might have done a slow orbit round planet Cheese on the way to planet Oneofthemostkickassbandsever...but thats just my opinion ain't it.

Taliwakker said:
YX wrotehuh?

Rhapsody are direct descendants of the Cheddar clan from the planet Cheese......but I just don't hear any where near that level in PoS at all.....they might have done a slow orbit round planet Cheese on the way to planet Oneofthemostkickassbandsever...but thats just my opinion ain't it.

What I mean is...I think both bands take themselves on the same level of way-too-seriousness...I mean c'mon, the whole every album needs to be a grand epic concept piece...and just look at PoS's bio on their site...Daniel is a "Renaissance Man-child"? I mean thats not quite as bad as "The Mighty Ride of the Firelord" but its getting there. Don't get me wrong, as I said I enjoy their music, I just like pointing out this observation of mine since it prooves my point that progsnobs would never in a million years admit to PoS being uber-pretensious and overblown, because they're so "technical and insightful" or whatever.

I don't see what's wrong about being serious about one's music. Too much metal is goofy. I'm glad there is a band like Pain of Salvation that can so eloquently discuss personal and political issues within the context of brilliant progressive metal.

I bought The Perfect Element Pt. 1 a while back, and at first, I could not understand what people liked about it. It sounded like they were changed time signatures for no reason at all, and there were too many themes within each song. But it grew on me. It grew on me a lot, and I really like the album now. My favorite song is probably that one about the girl who has imaginary friends that kill her (at least that's what I think it is about). I need to get the other albums, but the local stores never have anything good.

Daniel may be overly idealistic but few would question his ability to channel his political beliefs into highly personal and emotional music, and his commitment to his art is unmatched in metal. He truly believes music can be a force for positive change, and I think it's a noble goal and one that has resulted in some astounding music.

YX wrote
and just look at PoS's bio on their site...Daniel is a "Renaissance Man-child"? I mean thats not quite as bad as "The Mighty Ride of the Firelord" but its getting there.

thats pretty gay....but only if Daniel wrote the bio himself:lol:

some people just go a bit over the top in their descriptions...like some cd reviewers.

I have always thought that getting into PoS took a person to actually sit down with thier headphones and do nothing else but listen while following along with the lyrics. PoS, in most songs, are not a band to get into by listening to them for the first time by means of just listening to them in your car.

P.S Metal Chick: This is the first time I haven't seen you just totally rip on PoS by just someone mentioning them :)

Taliwakker said:
YX wrotehuh?

:lol: That's the funniest way I've heard someone describe a band as being cheesy.

Anyway, I love Pain of Salvation. I'd love them even more if they toured here sometime soon.