Do you remember the first Dimebag riff you learned to play?

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
I'm pretty sure it was the third (verse) riff in Mouth for War. Guitar World or Guitar School had this big lesson thingy with Dimebag and I borrowed someone's geetar (I've still never owned an electric guitar) to learn all the transcriptions. Just the fact that this single note line is so damn heavy is absolutely amazing.

Among other memories, I remember killing the strings trying to do the divebombs for Cemetary Gates, that was always fun. The first time I nailed one was like the first time I touched a boob (which I didn't do until a year or two later, haha).

I'm still pretty choked up about this. :cry:

Well . . . I thinked I touched a boob before I ever learned any Dimebag riffs. But my first song I learned (I don't just learn riffs) was "Mouth for War". My band (made up of a bunch of high school freshmen) then played the song at our county fair. In later years that band would also cover "Cemetery Gates", "This Love", "Walk", "The Great Southern Trendkill", and probably several I'm forgetting.

Cowboys, Nadster, in 1990 on Headbangers Ball. They were 'debuting' 2 new videos. Cowboys was one and Alice in Chains "We Die Young" was the other. :D

Edit: Oh shit, first you *played* not heard, silly me. I can't play fuck, so yea. That's my story and i'm stickin' to it.