do you saffire 24 pro dsp users use

XxSicRokerxX

Gabriel R.
Nov 25, 2010
Orange County, CA
do you saffire 24 pro dsp users use the DSP feature?

DSP- is an onboard DSP chip which powers the Virtual Reference Monitoring feature, and tracking tools such as compression, limiting and comfort reverb without any strain on your computer's CPU.

Just curious because i just ordered the saffire 24 pro (not the dsp version) Its basically a comp/limiter/reverb before it reaches your daw (im guessing its a plugin). You guys use this? i would really hate to have to cancel or possibly return it if you guys feel its a must.

I use the regular one and feel I'm not missing out by any means. Worst comes to worst..buy the VRM Box. The VRM Box has a S/PDIF input so if you just get a cable and plug from the saffire pro's S/PDIF out into the VRM S/PDIF in you can just route between your monitors from the line out of the pro 24 to the S/PDIF out and send the signal to the box.

Oh really? Well I'm not really interested the vRM feature. I mean that's cool and all but I don't need that. My main concern is that some say there is clipping so Iwas wondering if the dsp limiter/comp used before going into the daw helped.