do you think i should write a book about evil

FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
The subject would be basically the difference between the romanticized, literary, and artistic version of evil and the undesirable true evil of normal people. Examples used would include but not be limited to "The Devil and Tom Walker" and frat boys.

should i do it really academical and try to empyrically cover every base possible or should i write it more just from my own emotional perspective? i'm leaning towards the latter, i think it'd be a better read and more "fun" to write.

i just kind of want to do it in book form so that I can express it as clearly as possible and not further romanticize shitty people by putting them into musical form, ya know?

there's so much that's already been covered about evil that if you try to do it academically you'll either have to read zillions of books or you'll end up duplicating something and looking silly.

plus it'll be boring. do it the other way.

see, the problem is "evil".

i successfully watched the exorcist from the demon's perspective. granted, it helped pull me through a viewing at 2 am, alone, in a rural house, in the middle of a blizzard, but it kind of holds up to scrutiny.

and while it's methods were unorthodox, it was everyone else who was kind of freaking out. i think he would have given the little girl back, too, if some chump into demons came along.

if you write this book, please devote a chapter to the exorcist and how evil is way more nebulous than even the catholics thought?

also, you may want to write a bit about the zen idea of no affirmation/negation (the middle way) and about the lack of 'evil' or 'good' or 'violence' and what not.

(d.t. suzuki would be good to read for that)