Do you think I should release a EP?

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
I got asked a few days ago if TBS *my Stymphalian project* was going to release a decent CD's worth of material. First time ive really thought about doing it since I don't really have a band. But it got me thinking, if the demand is there I worked out id produce a 5/6 track EP pushing over 35+ minutes worth of material. It would consist of something like:

Falling Into Darkness
Where The Strong Become Weak
Embrace The Decay
Deadlock *working title :)*
Another new track im working on

All re-recorded together so it all sounds together and awesome *clearly :Smug:* The mix im working on for Deadlock kicks the previous material ive put on heres ass! So it would all be top notch!

If I did put this CD together sometime later this year would any of you be interested?

Thanks guys! :kickass:

Jaymz

Yea you should totally do it! I'm wanting to put together an EP or full length too, but my motivation has been severly lacking the past few months, haha.

Edit: A full CD would give people more of a product, as opposed to just a few songs. When someone has a few good songs, it makes the listener want more, but if there isn't any more, what is the listener to do? With an EP, however, someone who digs your stuff can find the rest of your material, or buy it, if that's how you plan to do it, and when theyre in the mood for your music, they'll be able to totally quench their thirst for it, rather than get just a taste.

Yea you should totally do it! I'm wanting to put together an EP or full length too, but my motivation has been severly lacking the past few months, haha.

Haha cool thanks man! Yeah you should do one too!! Seriously, and if you need any tracking doing or anything feel free to give me a shout, I owe you one haha :)

Would I be interested? Most definitely?

Would I pay money? Begrudgingly yes, but in principle I don't think you should charge ;) (I wouldn't :D)

Because I'd imagine he's in a similar position as me, namely that he'd rather have more people listening to his music and knowing how awesome he is than making what is essentially chump change!

That said, I realize that the way I phrased implied that it would bother me if he did charge, so to clarify, it wouldn't, cuz of course it's his choice and right!

Because I'd imagine he's in a similar position as me, namely that he'd rather have more people listening to his music and knowing how awesome he is than making what is essentially chump change!

I think he should charge... at least enough to cover the production costs of manufacturing a cd, artwork, etc... and a little bit on top of that to make it worth it...

I don't see anything wrong with someone wanting to charge for their intellectual property...

So, maybe 128k mp3s are free, high quality CD costs $$... thats what I plan on doing with a couple of my projects...

...most times I'm willing to shell out money to help out someone who is on the same level as me...

Thanks guys im really up for doing this now!! :hotjump:

Well first thoughts about the charging...I would charge but as Marcus said I do want to get my music about as much as possible so it would be resonably priced just to cover those costs that AudioPhile outlined, plus id make it worth peoples while with 35+ minutes of music which is fairly decent.

Greg: Yeah thats totally what I thought. If I just keep releasing a track here and there, now and again I thought it might be best just doing them all together in a package where people can actual have it all in one.

Plus its easier to send for reviews in a jiffy bag :) Mp3's leak out the sides and everything....:kickass:

Good news! Ive been working this since I read this topic and its gonna sound sweet! Also Mark (Metaljonsey) on this forum has agreed to co-engineer it with me for when we get to the tasty re-amping/tone selection bits of the process! :kickass: