Do you think you are ugly??

it balances? based on your experiences maybe yes, but not on everyone's; a rather naive belief I would say!

analyse too much? a matter of introverted/extraverted personalities I think.

Alwin said:
it balances? based on your experiences maybe yes, but not on everyone's; a rather naive belief I would say!

Alwin has anyone ever told you, you remind me of me dad :D

dont you have long blonde waving hair?

anyway i don't think it's naieve and stuff. weren't you asking/saying to dhat somewhere yourself "If you are happy "with yourself" than it matters less what others give to you, i.e. your happiness depends less on others. This is a more stable situation than when you depend a lot on what others give you. They may stop giving (take away) and it may have nothing to do with you, but you still feel unhappy about it. This negative effect is less when you are happy "with yourself". It's a negative approach on happiness, that's true "

btw i'm doing fine :D

Alwin said:

It's not a belief, it just so happens that terrible things happen in life and so do good things..that's it. No need for this psycho-babble about loving yourself and you don't hurt as bad. I work in a shop full of those kind of books and see the way people lap it up, looking for an answer to why they broke up with their partner or why they can't find a partner. Just don't define yourself by a relationship.

Su Jacko said:
Just don't define yourself by a relationship.
*applause*

jp%20mb%20applause.jpg

Su Jacko said:

Erm... I think I don't need a relationship to define myself, but I want to have sex :D (okay, among other things, like going to play pool with someone or make tea for someone and stuff like that).

Su Jacko said:
It's not a belief, it just so happens that terrible things happen in life and so do good things..that's it.
ok, but I was referring to the phrase "it balances" when I called it a naive belief

Su Jacko said:
No need for this psycho-babble about loving yourself and you don't hurt as bad.
the need is personal, I just gave my vision

Su Jacko said:
I work in a shop full of those kind of books and see the way people lap it up, looking for an answer to why they broke up with their partner or why they can't find a partner.
you won't find answers in such books indeed, but I'm not referring to such books either - what you call "psycho-babble" is just my way of understanding life, other people, love, etc, and it is shaped through my experiences (just like your opinion is shaped by yours)

Su Jacko said:
exactly my point, but this kinda sounds like psycho-babble :D