Do you think you are ugly??

nice one Ste I love hearing about weird dream dish some dirt like wait no infact Im gonna start a thread...I dont know anything about the nature of dreams but someone might.

charlie before bed :), i had a dream this morning about this shop assistant i was arguing with for handing me back 6.40 euro out of a 50 euro note, all i bought was 3 doughnuts. he kept insisting i didnt give him a 50, so i said rite ya bastad im off to the cop shop, but i didnt go, i cam back and continued to argue... so thats my latest dream

nomana-nuniyan said:
It must be a menpause thing.

For example, I once dreamed I skinned my mother alive like a chicken. It was aweful.

So what? I had sex with my sister. Nothing to do with menopause...

Though you wrote menpause, well, that's more probable :lol:

And you don't skin chickens, you just pour boiling water over them and take off their boots and feathers. So I think there's no problem with your dream.

Alwin said:

This entire opus is respectfully dedicated to all those
who have loved unconditionally only to have their
hearts unanaesthetically ripped out: Base not your joy
upon the deeds of others, for what is given can be
taken away. No hope = no fear.
- Peter

Only Jesus loves unconditionally, otherwise no hearts would be ripped out.

And the other thing, base not your joy upon the deeds of others, for what is given can be taken away. Now what have these two things got to do with each other? I do base my joy upon the deeds of others, I'm not a fucking hermit or nun, but I am aware that what is given can be taken away (though I think that's quite uncivil :lol: ). You can turn it around too, what you have you can give away. People make you unhappy, fine, but they can make you happy too.

i dreamt this night i had a box full of hash and i was gonna roll this gigantic joint
and the night before that i was eating this gigantic steak i cooked perfect medium with loads of pepper

i was wondering if it meant i'm denying myself things and i should go for it: eating meat, smoking joints, but on the other hand you guys ain't gonna fuck your sisters or skin your mothers either so. yeah.
more sleep :)

siderea said:
i dreamt this night i had a box full of hash and i was gonna roll this gigantic joint
and the night before that i was eating this gigantic steak i cooked perfect medium with loads of pepper

i was wondering if it meant i'm denying myself things and i should go for it: eating meat, smoking joints, but on the other hand you guys ain't gonna fuck your sisters or skin your mothers either so. yeah.
the meaning of a dream is a highly personal matter, so comparing your dream to others or projecting the supposed meaning of your dream upon the dreams of others makes no sense
what the real question is here: why do you think your dream means that you are denying yourself something? if that has meaning for you, then that is the value of your dream: it makes you wonder if.... etc, and may lead to a change ;)

siderea said:

Well, I say you never know, so roll it, baaaabe :)

Dhatura said:
Only Jesus loves unconditionally, otherwise no hearts would be ripped out.
No, I did that once too, and it (of course) ended in pain and disillusion. I don't understand the logic in your sentence.

Dhatura said:
And the other thing, base not your joy upon the deeds of others, for what is given can be taken away. Now what have these two things got to do with each other? I do base my joy upon the deeds of others, I'm not a fucking hermit or nun, but I am aware that what is given can be taken away (though I think that's quite uncivil :lol: ). You can turn it around too, what you have you can give away. People make you unhappy, fine, but they can make you happy too.
If you are happy "with yourself" than it matters less what others give to you, i.e. your happiness depends less on others. This is a more stable situation than when you depend a lot on what others give you. They may stop giving (take away) and it may have nothing to do with you, but you still feel unhappy about it. This negative effect is less when you are happy "with yourself". It's a negative approach on happiness, that's true :D

Alwin said:
the meaning of a dream is a highly personal matter, so comparing your dream to others or projecting the supposed meaning of your dream upon the dreams of others makes no sense
what the real question is here: why do you think your dream means that you are denying yourself something? if that has meaning for you, then that is the value of your dream: it makes you wonder if.... etc, and may lead to a change ;)

yeah i know, that's the way how i deal with dreams mostly. still i have no answer bout what i should deny to myself and what not, but whatever.

i didn't feel any guilt with the hash though, rather enjoyed the smell at my hand from warming it. it felt really natural.

the steak was different, i don't eat meat for bout 5 years now and i ate that steak, thought 'oh that was a good one', enjoyed it tremendously (hey it was juicy alright) and then remembered i actually don't eat meat and found it weird that my neighbour hadn't said anything bout that matter when i picked up the steak and said i'd cook it.

still there was no guilt or shame feeling that i would hide it from her that i'd eat the steak. so that's for me progression. i used to feel really guilty eating meat in my dreams or doing other things like hitting, killing, kissing whatever, and stop myself from doing it in my dream itself.
while the dream should be the excellent opportunity to do all that stuff shouldn't it boys 'n girls :D

but no steak for me, just mussels now :cool:

@ siderea: nice sharing that! it indeed seems like a guilt-complex has become less significant in your life, good development :cool:

Unconditional love, bullshit, if you love unconditionally, you can love the person forever, no matter what s/he does, you don't expect anything from him/her. I don't think that's the case in human relationships. You gotta work and fight each day, and give up a lot of things too, even in a relationship that actually works there are cold periods, not something like heaven that's always there without question. So that's why Jesus is the only unconditional lover.

Hm, that means being a nun pays well off then :D Yeah, omg, this make-up love, a whole lot of self-deception.

And I love myself I just can't be happy on my own, why does this whole fucking 21st-century psychological-sociological set-up want to suggest it's abnormal? :mad:

Dhatura said:
Unconditional love, bullshit, if you love unconditionally, you can love the person forever, no matter what s/he does, you don't expect anything from him/her. I don't think that's the case in human relationships. You gotta work and fight each day, and give up a lot of things too, even in a relationship that actually works there are cold periods, not something like heaven that's always there without question. So that's why Jesus is the only unconditional lover.

Hm, that means being a nun pays well off then :D Yeah, omg, this make-up love, a whole lot of self-deception.

And I love myself I just can't be happy on my own, why does this whole fucking 21st-century psychological-sociological set-up want to suggest it's abnormal? :mad:
ok, maybe the term "unconditional" does not fit my story, it's more like I was to much in love and to happy with the relationship to notice that my gf was not; with "unconditional" I mean I didn't expect her to do anything to "deserve" my love, it was just there - sometimes the phrase "in the fog of war" is used, this was "in the fog of love" I guess :D

people need other people, no doubts there. however, there can be conflicts between "following your heart" and caring about how others perceive you - when you are able to do the former more than the latter, this does not mean that you are "happy on your own" but maybe that you are "happy with yourself" (not necessarily "by yourself")

Alwin said:
however, there can be conflicts between "following your heart" and caring about how others perceive you - when you are able to do the former more than the latter, this does not mean that you are "happy on your own" but maybe that you are "happy with yourself" (not necessarily "by yourself")

Yeah, but in my reading you connected it with love in a strange way. I think the happier you are with yourself, the more you are able to love, so the more prone you are to have a broken heart in the end :D

Dhatura said:
I think the happier you are with yourself, the more you are able to love
agreed

Dhatura said:
so the more prone you are to have a broken heart in the end :D
the broken heart hurts less when you are happy with yourself, don't you think?

Firstly, the dream about a massive spliff and a massive steak sounds alright, don't analyse it too much just enjoy the sensations left over from the dream. Secondly, bad things happen. They happen every day. Things that we don't want to happen, happen. We all get upset and angry and lonely and wanting to be on our own too. You just have to except that bad things go on.....however, so do great things and boss moments and exhilarating experiences, so it evens out, it balances.