Does anyone actually like metalcore?

Terminator X

New Metal Member
Jun 22, 2003
VA
Visit site
you know the 20-something year old kids who started in the punk rock scene but then started dressing like fashion models, listening to siouxsie and the banshees, and playing fake metal. bands like:

converge
cave in (old stuff was metalcore)
undying
prayer for cleasning
everytime i die
curl up and die
18 visions
blood has been shed
etc etc

do any of you guys get into bands like this?

i cant stand them.

i like a few bands in that genre

i also like siouxsie and the banshees

also: i don't care about "fake metal" and "scenes" and bullshit like that, i'm too fucking old to worry about what scene what band's coming from, what they dress like and how "true" they are. who gives a shit? what's the point? if i like a band, awesome, if i don't, who gives a shit? what's the point about whining about an entire genre of music, because you don't care for a few bands in it?

i love siouxsie and the banshees, for the record. i wasnt bashing them.

also, i wasnt whining about the music. it was a question.

see, i guess my primary music background is punk rock/hardcore. bands like slapshot, minor threat, negative approach, kill your idols, and such and such and such. so i have a different take on these bands that emerged out of that scene than someone who listens to helloween and venom and has no clue or doesnt give two shits about punk rock. i've always been curious as to what...hm, actual, real, not punk rock/hardcore kids, but metal fans thought of these types of bands.

like 18 visions started out as a bunch of straight edge hardcore kids and eventually morphed into some mod-look, faux metal band. i dont dig it and was curious if anyone else did.

thats all, man.

i started out of the goth rock scene, and actually, i do give quite a few shits about punk rock and hardcore bands, but the whole response from the hardcore and metal scenes to metalcore is really irritating to me.

Terminator X said:
you know the 20-something year old kids who started in the punk rock scene but then started dressing like fashion models, listening to siouxsie and the banshees, and playing fake metal. bands like:

converge
undying
prayer for cleasning
everytime i die
curl up and die
18 visions
blood has been shed
etc etc

i cant stand them.

I like every single one of those bands...Converge especially..they're an incredible band...ooze talent.

well that's awesome for you mister nobody.

either way, my curious inquiry has been answered as a few of you have said that yes, you do actually like them. that's all i wanted to know. i'm not quite sure what's getting you so worked up.

i forgot to mention my least favorite one though: dillinger escape plan.

i thought norma jean and from autumn to ashes were cool. i like the really dissonant stuff mixed with odd times. the really harsh and unplesant stuff. its not my favorite stuff int he world, but i dig
~gR~

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Terminator X

converge
undying
prayer for cleasning
everytime i die
curl up and die
18 visions
blood has been shed
etc etc

i cant stand them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

none of those bands are really metalcore (in the "fake metal" sense) except maybe 18 visions and old blood has been shed. all the other bands are really just hardcore with metal elements.

and fewer lyrics about honor, pride, glory, and courier bags

Yes I like most of the bands mentioned, and to steal a quote from npearce, Converge has shown that a lot more can be found in metalcore than brutality....like 'creativity'.

Ok, umm cave-in isn't even "metalcore" anymore there a rock band now, converge rules, undying rules, prayer for cleasning was awesome, they became between the buried and me another great band, etid is good, cuad is amazing, bhbs is howard(kse singer) band and I like them better than kse. As for this whole "metalcore" thing I've never even known what that means, I just call bands like that metal bands with breakdowns.

Terminator X said:
converge
undying
prayer for cleasning
everytime i die
curl up and die
18 visions
blood has been shed
etc etc

i cant stand them.

I can't think of any other style that I'd prefer to drown myself in as much as Hardcore/Metalcore at the moment. I totally dig this style of extreme music.