Does anyone actually like metalcore?

The Greys said:
I said Lamb of God is straight up aggresive metal like Pantera. I did not say they are pantera or they sound like Pantera dickhead I said they are straight up aggressive metal like pantera(do you want me to repeat it ?) which is saying Pantera is to metal as Lamb of God is to metal. Learn how to read and comprehend then come back and tell me to shut the fuck up dumbfuck.

mmmk bud, i was joking. wowwww do you have a temper
:err:

Warlord Of Death said:
I've heard a few bands and that was too much. Believe me, they all have the same formula for every fucking song, Drop D guitar riffage so they can get their "heavy" sound. Then they throw in the Major scale in most riffs to make the songs sound melodic, then they rip off numerous bands who hang off the nuts of ATG's, Iron Maiden and whoever has melodic guitar playing.

Then they throw in their breakdowns in the middle of the song cause the songwriting is stale, trite and they are just a hardcore band trying to play a poppier, watered down version of metal. Then you have the whiny, obnoxious screechy singer who attempts death metal vocals aka Himsa. And now you have a new metalcore band for MTV2 to pass off as metal to dissolute the distinction between real metal and hardcore. Then it all ends with the UM boarder's who lick the sack of, As I Lay Dying, Himsa, The Black Dahlia Murder, Shadows Fall, and other crappy generic, ripoff bands that the "underground" as far as UM goes accepts. :Smug:
Like I said you haven't listened to much metalcore because you named all crappy metalcore.......there is good metalcore like Lamb of God (I don't care what everyone says they are metalcore) Burnt By the Sun, Uphill Battle (grind/metalcore), Between the Buried and Me, Glass Casket, Prayer For Cleansing, Deadwater Drowning.......don't judge the genre by the crappy ripoffs

Spirit In Black said:
Like I said you haven't listened to much metalcore because you named all crappy metalcore.......there is good metalcore like Lamb of God (I don't care what everyone says they are metalcore) Burnt By the Sun, Uphill Battle (grind/metalcore), Between the Buried and Me, Glass Casket, Prayer For Cleansing, Deadwater Drowning.......don't judge the genre by the crappy ripoffs

Theres nothing new or "innovative" in the metalcore genre worth listening to. Lamb Of God at most are decent. The only core worth listening to is grindcore. So, theres nothing i'm missing out on its just hardcore bands attempting metal. Anything on Victory, Tooth&Nail, Relapse, Prosthetic etc aren't worth picking up.

Warlord Of Death said:
Theres nothing new or "innovative" in the metalcore genre worth listening to. Lamb Of God at most are decent. The only core worth listening to is grindcore. So, theres nothing i'm missing out on its just hardcore bands attempting metal. Anything on Victory, Tooth&Nail, Relapse, Prosthetic etc aren't worth picking up.
Your loss......

Even a lot of the Gothenburg-influenced bands are pretty kickass, i.e. Shadows Fall and Co., and the old-skoolers like Martyr AD, Hatebreed, Sworn Enemy, etc. are pretty awesome too.

Dillinger Escape Plan, Between the Buried and Me, Converge, Botch, Norma Jean, are all pretty awesome as well.

BlessedAreTheSick said:
Surprised more don't like Blood Has Been Shed... they are very heavy and technical. I always thought of them as the Meshuggah of Metalcore. Also Jones' vocals are brutal.

Dude, speaking of "the meshugga of metalcore", A Life Once Lost's album 'A great artist' is Meshugga almost to a T. You could probably mistake the two bands if the vocal tones were a bit more similar.
BHBS kick ass. The new 'spirals' album blows their earlier shit out of the water.

i was shocked when i heard the new a life once lost, they used to be spazzy dillinger escape plan type stuff, then if im not mistaken they started doing the gothenburg sounding metalcore stuff, neither of which were all that great. the new stuff apes meshuggah in a grand and glorious way, which should bother me more than it does. for some reason i love this though.

the only metalcore worth tolerating is the Dillinger Escape Plan, other than that whats the big deal about BTBAM, so they can actually solo and are a hardcore band :OMG: (note the sarcasm) they are probably ripping off some other metal band who thought up the idea before them. HXC bands recycle everything, i swear every Hatebreed song is the same.

Warlord Of Death said:
whats the big deal about BTBAM, so they can actually solo and are a hardcore band (note the sarcasm) they are probably ripping off some other metal band who thought up the idea before them. HXC bands recycle everything, i swear every Hatebreed song is the same.
Well, for starters, BTBAM (as well as other newer metalcore bands) are pushing the envelope within hardcore by not sticking with your typical verse-verse-oi-oi-verse-yadda-yadda song structure, and they are also not only incorporating hardcore riffs in thier songs, but metal, jazz, melody, and a bunch of other shit and execute the transitions smoothly (for the most part).
And with Hatebreed, the reason every song sounds the same, is because, well, it is. 9 times out of 10 you have a mandatory "open e" breakdown, be it in the front, middle, back, or all of the above within the song. But, that's their style. Simple and straight forward.

chris-o-fer said:
Well, for starters, BTBAM (as well as other newer metalcore bands) are pushing the envelope within hardcore by not sticking with your typical verse-verse-oi-oi-verse-yadda-yadda song structure, and they are also not only incorporating hardcore riffs in thier songs, but metal, jazz, melody, and a bunch of other shit and execute the transitions smoothly (for the most part).
And with Hatebreed, the reason every song sounds the same, is because, well, it is. 9 times out of 10 you have a mandatory "open e" breakdown, be it in the front, middle, back, or all of the above within the song. But, that's their style. Simple and straight forward.
Exactly you can't generalize a genre by a couple of shitty bands, hatebreed aren't metalcore anyway, BTBAM use alot of death influences in their music as well as other genres as do Deadwater Drowning, they are DEP mixed with death metal

chris-o-fer said:
You're the first person I've heard to ever really "get it."

Yeah metalcore is pretty cool. My roomate loves the stuff so I've been going to a good amount of shows latley. Personally it lacks the depth for me to really into it, but the shows are fun. Dillinger Escape Plan are really awesome...

chris-o-fer said:

Again, what metal band hasn't done this, i know you can't compare the two genres whatsoever, but most likely whatever they are doing either Dream Theater, LTE, Spiral Architect, Theory In Practice, Meshuggah(total garbage now), Opeth, King Crimson, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen has already done it and actually mastered what they have done compared to the hxc bands. It's cool they actually know how to make original music now, i still think metalcore is the bastardizing of the metal genre and again bridges that gap closer to metal but also destroys it, and MTV2 picks it up advertises it as real metal and the kiddies eat it up. So therefore the HXC bands and sXe ignorant fags who made fun of metal are gonna try to cash in on the metalcore trend now and they are still 20 or more years behind as far as innovation goes within the genre since they haven't expanded it since Napalm Death came out w/ Scum with Grind the only core worth listening to but even that is watered down now.

mtv picks up the worst of the WORST metalcore bands. mtv fucking sucks. metalcore is great, i find it amazing every time i hear some fuck say Dillinger Escape Plan is horrible or trendy teen bullshit. those guys shred better than steve vai and that asshole yngwie any given day of the week. and to top it all off they make it intense as well as interesting

MightyDrynwhyl said:
mtv picks up the worst of the WORST metalcore bands. mtv fucking sucks. metalcore is great, i find it amazing every time i hear some fuck say Dillinger Escape Plan is horrible or trendy teen bullshit. those guys shred better than steve vai and that asshole yngwie any given day of the week. and to top it all off they make it intense as well as interesting

DEP isn't bad, but theres no way that their guitarists can even touch Yngwie and Vai. Funny :Spin: