Does anyone dislike Warrel's singing?

I love Warrel's voice. It's very unique and VERY emotional (especially on the Dreaming Neon Black album).

Yeah he drives a vocalist of my acquaintence to distraction, but this person, being classically trained and a black-and-white thinker is, it turns out, is actually impressed with the clean singing Warrel does and just waiting for his larynx to jump ship in protest for the rest of it.

Personally, I think he's quite versitile and talented.

WD is why I was primarily why I first liked nevermore. I saw them live, and I was expecting a death-metal band(I had never heard nevermore, they were opening for dimmu borgir so I figured....) but I got blown away ten seconds after they took the stage by warrels voice. I was also impressed that someone could perform well being as drunk as he was.....

ms. anthrope said:
well... the girls certainly love it!
Damn Skippy! :oops:
WD has one of the most unique voices I've ever heard...I know other people who hate his vocals, but they can nibble my left testicle

To be fair, Warrells live vocal performance has went up ten fold since he cut the drinking. His CD performance has always been amazing, to me anyways, but his voice in a concert has increased in power a crap load in recent times.

Dude is gifted with his voice, occasionally I find him a tad off...but with tens of tracks where he hits the nail on the head perfectly, i don't really mind the odd whine or squeak :)

I find him less repetitive than many singers such as Matt Barlow or even Bruce Dickinson...both of whom can make me yawn with boredom, despite them both being amazing vocalists. Warrell has a versatility to his voice that I enjoy endlessly, and the experimenting at the beginning of Born, for example, show that he's always willing to try something fresh and see where it goes, which, for me anyhoo, makes him one of metals greatest ever vocalists.

GhostOfPerdition said:
I've just been getting into Nevermore and I really love the band, and "This Godless Endeavor" is easily one of the best albums of the year. I have only one problem with the band - the singing. I know Warrel is talented, but I just can't stand his voice. Is there anyone out there who loves Nevermore like me but hates Warrel's singing?
I hate his singing.

I heard Santuary almost 2 years after first hearing Nevermore... I'll be honest, his voice in Sanctuary had to gorw on me. But today, on TGE and seeing them perform live, I really like is current sound and style of singing.

IMO: Warrel's voice is like a fine wine, it gets better as it ages.

Honestly, its one of the most unique vocals in Metal.
I love his vocals, they have so many emotions, and layers, and variety...
and they never seem to bore me. With those amazing lyrics, you can't ask for a better voice.... IMO.

and I agree with ms.A.... Warrel makes Nevermore.... Nevermore makes Warrel... can't have one without the other.

I WANT HIM TO DO SOME HIGH STUFF AGAIN and harmony!!!
Listening to Sanc and Serp last night confirms to me that none
of these rubber stamped growing tards should collect a cent from a CD sale.
A album of "Grrrrr Ahhhhhhrg Grrrrrr" is just asking for an Enema.
Although I must add, on TGE the vocals are a bit.......predictable.

LadyValerie said:
I like Warrels voice. And I just discovered the backward messege in Sentient 6(I knew it was there since I first heard it, but just reversed it now). Funny :p

So... What does the backwards message say? I have been wondering this myself. Everytime I listen to Sentient, I say "I should figure out a way to play that backwards..." But, I am WAY too lazy :D

Will Bozarth said:
First song I have ever heard was This Sacrament. I was hooked since. Why? Because Warrel sounded like a possessed preacher with tons of emotion.

This is what drew me to liking him initially too. First song I heard was "Beyond Within" and I immediately recognized the overwhelming amount of emotion put into the vocals, especially when compared with many other "clean" or "power metal" singers if you will. That said, Nevermore isnt power metal, nor are they death metal. I still to this day am a little baffled when people refer to Nevermore as "a death metal band with clean vocals."

GhostOfPerdition said:
I've just been getting into Nevermore and I really love the band, and "This Godless Endeavor" is easily one of the best albums of the year. I have only one problem with the band - the singing. I know Warrel is talented, but I just can't stand his voice. Is there anyone out there who loves Nevermore like me but hates Warrel's singing?

youll get used to it and end up loving it. i had the same problem to a certain extent when i first got into the band but now i love his voice. the passion...the power...the torture...