Does anyone else think that everyone on the CoB boards is an asshole?

Take that as an "I can't be bothered to argue with an immobile fat spastic with a head injury"

from what ive seen of the bodom board. there seems to a certain type of CoB fan that inhabitats it. this variety of fan is of small inteliegence, conservative values (well those two do seem to go together, and an obesession with Alex Lahio and an overestimastion of his playing skills. these people would seem to believe that Lahio is the best and most innovative guitarist ever when in fact he's nowhere near as talented as some shredders and his style is as about as innovative as The Libertines are. another trait ive picked up on is thr fact they seem unable to understand objectiveity. to them Lahio is god. you can't question anything he does and if you do its hersey. in a nutshell the CoB fans are the Pantera fans of the 90's
(please note i know their are some ok Bodom fans, theres just not very many of them)

on the band themselves, i have and quite enjoy Hatebreeder and although i sometimes wonder about buying another one but the stuff ive heard off of follow the reaper makes me feel that which ever one i buy, i'd just be buying the same album (and also the fact that by track 6 on Hatebreeder i kind of get bored of the near indentical types of songs they have)

This is quite interesting: This is the second time I'm on the Chat board, I just thought "Hey, let's see what the people over there are like." And what are they like? First thing I see is a thread collectively calling the people in the board where I ususally post (which actually includes me... anyone ever talked to me??) assholes and stupid.
I know Spirit Crusher has apologized by now and I can plainly see why he started this thread as there are quite some assholes on our board, sad but true. I just didn't like that 'everyone' in the topic, which he probably didn't mean too litterally, but was taken litterally by the some people in here that really pissed me off. If someone says "COB fans are stupid" and doesn't understand that with a statement like that he is stating his own stupidity at the same time, I honestly feel sorry for him.
Being here just for checking out the people, you really succeedeed in making me think the people on this board are even worse that those on the COB board. (meaning the asshole percentage, not generally everybody.)

BTW I don't think Alexi Laiho is the best guitarist in the world although I think he is very good (and I've played classical guitar for 11 and electric guitar for 4 years, so please don't tell me that as a woman, I'm unable to judge his playing, or something like that... and I'm not one of those people who keep discussing technical guitar matters on the board) and I really don't think everything Allu (or anyone else in the band) does is automatically good. In fact, there are some things he has said in interviews that made me think he's kind of an asshole... but basically, that's the way he for some reason has chosen to be presented like (in my opinion, he's just a bit too fascinated with Impaled Nazarene). If you meet him at a signing sesson, he's a really polite and sympathic dude.
And apart from that, I think Hate Crew Deathroll is an absolutely substandart album for COB, although it still has got some killer songs, but the others really start sucking after a while.
Possible that if I had just posted this on the COB board, somebody would have told me I'm not a propper COB fan, but sorry guys, I am.
I think the problem is just that COB are attracting a different group of people with their new sound and image which might be containing a higher percentage of assholes, so to say.

As for our strict rules... spamming was kind of getting out of hand over in our board, which was also my fault to a certain extent (yeah, I'm a spammer! :D ), but I think they limited it a bit too heavily. The good thing is that a thread like this would long have been closed over is our board...

So, I hope I saved our reputation at least a little bit.

- Maili*

PS: I confess I didn't read all of the pages, so of there's something I got wrong because of that, tell me and I'll edit :p

Sorry buddy, while I do think you post clarified a lotfor those who care, most people posting on thsithread in fact, do not. It's jsut a flame thread and an argueing thread now, and no one really cares wether people are asshoelso n the COB board or not

I know this really is a thread of your taste... I don't know why you think it's cool to act like an asshole and I don't know why you post on an internet forum if you're intending to make all the people on it hate you, but if my post had been aimed at people like you, it would have been pointless to write it, so you can be sure that I wasn't talking to you.