A question on the bands

:headbang:

What a cool thread!! I had been rocking for 30+ years, listening to mainstream shit, when I discovered Savatage in 1994. A friend had heard "Chance" on Z-Rock (thank God for those guyz!!). Going to the old Sava boards, I got more and more into "our kind of music".

To answer your question, DO WHAT YOU'RE DOING NOW!!!!!!! This is a GREAT website for finding new bands. And, this year, I know NONE of the bands at PP!! But, two years ago, I didn't know Tad (Fucking) Morose, Into Eternity or Manticora either!! Guess what - They were all at PP and ROCKED MY WORLD. Just go!! What's cool is the people - You see concert tees of bands you NEVER fucking heard of!! The people are there for the music first, then, alcohol, sex, etc. cum after!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep coming here and bands' sites for the ones you like.

Rock and Roll
Is In My Soul.

I Rock,
Therefore
I am.

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

I thought metal was all growls. Or all sounded like 70s Hair metal groups like Whitesnake. I gave up early. I hated Def Leppard. And I had two thoughts of metal. There was Megadeth and Metallica.... and then there was screaming 20 year olds with all growl, and fast guitar -- that took no skill. Just have to play 3 notes.

I was on an IRC channel where I regularly played a certain computer game, and they kept talking about metal.. and I was trashing it. Saying how horrible it was. One guy was like 'Just download some In Flames.' I said, who? So I found some song.. liked it. And said give me more. From there I went into Falconer, Blind Gaurdian, Kamelot, Rhapsody and others. Since then I just find metal however I can. I use Rhapsody (music service) to find some.. and track around influences. I now use Myspace as well. I also do various internet searches 'melodic metal' , 'operatic metal' etc.

Oddly, one of the best ways I've found bands now.. is using wiki. Search wiki for power metal. At the bottom you'll find lists. Search for 'metal' and you can find lots of sub genres, and then see their lists.