Does anyone here actually get anywhere?

myownsilence

The Influenced
Jan 10, 2007
www.myspace.com
This sounds really nasty and its not ment to be.

Heres my dilemma.

I want to mix like a god.

I want to sound as good as Jens Bogren.

Has anyone gotten close?

Show me.

This sounds really nasty and its not ment to be.

Heres my dilemma.

I want to mix like a god.

I want to sound as good as Jens Bogren.

Has anyone gotten close?

Show me.

Takes years and years of experience and those who are close to it are humble enough not to broadcast it except for the results they deliver ;)

That being said "as good as Jens Bogren" is something highly subjective.
Trust your ears, train them and never stop testing stuff out so you shape your hearing abilities.

The more time you spend with mixing and such the more obvious it gets how many years you need to get the full picture.
Unless you are highly talented it'll take a while. Just be patient along the way and never give up.

This applies to any higher goal by the way ;)

i've heard fantastic mixes by people on this board who dont have access to 6 figure studios. thats why i come here and listen and learn. and thats why someone on this board will be mixing/producing my project whenever life stops pissing all over my plans.

hey i thought i was alone.

We are constantly told a few things:

1. Its the band

2. Its the Source

3. Find something you enjoy about the band.

I know whats going on.

The Music industry is collapsing.

Engineers won't give us their secrets.

why?

This mans given the game away:

http://www.waves.com/Content.aspx?id=8873

You might be stealing music, but they get the money somehow.

Next up

The Bogren inflater, VST and TMD

Bogren Screamer cleaner, available in VST and AU only

and most important

Drums ala J.B. style for a limited time only free Kataotnia presets, make yourself push like a pro!

Imagine the interface for a plug in. You could have a gothic church with a big chalice to turn to increase punch!

Engineers won't give us their secrets.

There aren't any "secrets." It's a skill no different from any other skill.

All of the Randall amps and Dean guitars in the world won't make me able to write songs like Pantera or even play like Dime. I've watched Michael Angelo's videos, practiced my ass off, and I still can't play like him even though he revealed his "secrets."

It's a talent, not a magic trick.

A few years ago I was lucky enough to be a fly on the wall for a pop punk album that went multi-platinum, and guess what....it sounded great during tracking, and all of the sample replacement & voodoo that went on during mixing just made it SLIGHTLY different.

Do you really think somebody else has to reveal all of their personal techniques and methods to you in order for you to become "talented"?

That is not where talent comes from. You can't even call that talent.

You develop your own talent through years of experience. That's how everybody else did it, that's how you have to do it. Period.