Does day/night hot/cold effect your psyche?

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
I'm looking outside the window @ 5:15PM, and it's totally dark outside. That just brings me down. Plus, its getting cold out. Not as big of a bummer for me, but the combo of dark & cold doesn't bring a smile to my face.

So, are you happier by day or night, and/or in hot(warm) vs. cold weather?

I guess for me - it's daytime without too much care for temperature.

I am happy when its cold out but the sun is shining. I love those types of days! Usually in Febuary when the snow is still on the ground. But here in the summer it gets up in the 100s and that doesn't make me happy at all.

I'm feeling good when it is really
dark and cold outside...
When everything outside is sort of hostile....
Then I can enjoy sitting inside looking out.....
I also like to go out in total darknes...
I don't really like the days...the light is so
different outside than inside >:eek:P

But, I know I get more energy during
the summer...I'm feeling more alive...
I can't deny it.... I love the summers....

Each time of the year has it's own beauty....

Weather is the number one topic in this
country... I don't know a single person
that is not obsessed with hating/loving
snow/sun >:eek:) I was born in the wrong
country, I am always cold...

Well I love it when the snow-storm rages outside while I lay in bed knowing that when the weather calms down I can go out and snowboard in the fresh newly fallen powder. There is one thing I have to experience and that is to listen to opeth on one of those days. The fact is I only started listening to Opeth in April last year so I´m anxiously waiting for the first blizzard. I can see myself stepping out and as soon as my foot touches the ground the sun bursts out from behind the dark clouds and shines on the thick white layer of......... powder ahhhhhh.

And to answer your question I don´t like to go out and work on cold rainy mornings but I don´t have to worry about that until spring time when I have finished this term. When I´m in school I like it when the weather is bad. Then I can observe from a distance so to speak, and not get wet and cold.

I like it when it's dark outside. When it's dark and cold and I'm inside, or outside but I'm not cold.

Usually, at night I somehow seem to have more energy... But the temperature doesn't affect me that much - I only hate really hot summer days (not the nights, however).

I love the kick ass Tennessee cold Autumn days. The trees are red and orange, it is not real cold but cold enough (i like the cold). The evenings are neon...and blah blah....you get it.
Good day for this Question....I slept till 4:00 p.m. today because it was beautifully dark all day and I was listening to LOW-I Could Live In Hope on repeat.....I woke up in a wonderfully inspired mood.:) :)
jAY

night has an effect on me...it makes me more sad yet i like it more than ligh

Cold and warm have no effect on me but maybe thats because my city its between normal and hot 90% of the year...

I love the darkness, and when its cold. Living in Texas cold days are very much appreciated. We just got a big cold front and it has been dark and rainy for about the past week and a half, I really like this. I have had a bad week, but this weather makes me feel better! During the night I am more alive I think, I am happier. I just wish we had snow!!!

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
I absolutely prefer the cold over 45 degrees celcius in the summer.

I love winter fig, and twilight.

but I also love summer rain, and storms..

But I love silence, when the air is still, like once in this desert, absolute silence.

Absolute silence can be quite terrifying...

45* celcius, at that temperature we be dead.
--
yeah i miss the night in texas, people go out at night. it's really nice, cool breeze, lot of star.

Originally posted by mindflesh
I like it when it's dark outside. When it's dark and cold and I'm inside, or outside but I'm not cold.

Usually, at night I somehow seem to have more energy... But the temperature doesn't affect me that much - I only hate really hot summer days (not the nights, however).

I would have to agree with this totally. I prefer darkness as well as coldness. I just don't like being extremely cold. I absolutely HATE hot summer days. The nights aren't so bad.

I am essentially nocturnal. I work and go to classes during the day so I find myself most happy at night. Also, winter has always been my favorite season, I love the cold weather and snow and Chicago; I will probably live here my entire life.

Originally posted by Blackspirit
I'm feeling good when it is really
dark and cold outside...
When everything outside is sort of hostile....
Then I can enjoy sitting inside looking out.....
I also like to go out in total darknes...
I don't really like the days...the light is so
different outside than inside >:eek:P

But, I know I get more energy during
the summer...I'm feeling more alive...
I can't deny it.... I love the summers....

Each time of the year has it's own beauty....

Weather is the number one topic in this
country... I don't know a single person
that is not obsessed with hating/loving
snow/sun >:eek:) I was born in the wrong
country, I am always cold...

yeah, I agree :)

Im living on an island outside Gothenburgh.. called "hönö".... those winds in the winter... gah.. coooold

but hey Blackspirit... we are Vikings! :tickled: :heh: ;)

i really dislike hot weather....it makes me uncomfotable, i can't sleep or anything...i prefere the night too, just because its quiter, as theres less ppl about...when i don't have to do anything (e.g. get up for work) i tend to sleep from about 6am to 3pm...missing out most of the day...

i cant stand the morning first thing in morning :heh: either...i need a good 10 hours run up, i once had a job which started at 7am (only for about two weeks), and walking to work at 6:30 in the moring is horrible...it just feels wrong to me...

Darkness doesn't bother me but when it is daytime I greatly prefer sunny days over dreary, cloudy ones. It really makes a big difference in my mood. Temperature doesn't make a whole lot of difference though I prefer to not suffer the extremes on either end. Winter used to be my favorite season. Now it's probably my least favorite. I'd say fall and early spring are my favorite times of the year.

When temperature is higher than 25 °C I am getting really lazy. I prefer cold temperatures. In my bedroom I don´t turn on the radiator, even when there are negative temperatures outside. I need that "cold" kick when I wake up ;) But, I think this is more less a question of adaptation and your own circulation. After spending 4 weeks in the Sahara (South Morocco and Algeria) last year, I enjoyed temperatures around 40 °C and even Opeth sounds well in such a hot and unfriendly environment...

The only weather that really bothers me is rain, for some reason I have always hated having to go outside when the clouds are draining themselves...I'm also not much of a cold weather person, which explains why I don't like naturalist black metal :)