Does day/night hot/cold effect your psyche?

I love cold weather as long as I can be sitting inside infront of a fireplace. snuggling = happiness

I really don't like sun and warm weather. Maybe it's cause I burn bright red, can't get a tan for the life of me. Damn Norwegian blood! But even at the beach, I HATE sitting out on the sand, sweating everywhere. yuck. My friends think I'm crazy cause I love going to the beach and sitting in the hotel.

I like rainy days, but I think it has more to do with the fact that it breaks the monotony of weeks and weeks of no rain, if that makes any sense. It feels exciting, like when i was a kid and went to school at night. :tickled:

Originally posted by Lina
I love cold weather as long as I can be sitting inside infront of a fireplace. snuggling = happiness

I really don't like sun and warm weather. Maybe it's cause I burn bright red, can't get a tan for the life of me. Damn Norwegian blood! But even at the beach, I HATE sitting out on the sand, sweating everywhere. yuck. My friends think I'm crazy cause I love going to the beach and sitting in the hotel.

I like rainy days, but I think it has more to do with the fact that it breaks the monotony of weeks and weeks of no rain, if that makes any sense. It feels exciting, like when i was a kid and went to school at night. :tickled:

I'm pretty similar, but for different reasons.

Snuggling - GOOD! I don't get to do it very often in my singleness, but it's great when it happens (well, when it did most recently, I wasn't single, but anyhoo...).

I'm from Vancouver, land of the rain (if you've been to Seattle, same climate). I think I'm actually 25% Sea Otter. I NEED the rain. It comforts me. I sleep far better at night when it's raining and my window is open. Speaking of sleeping, I CAN'T do it when it's hot. The summer actually agitates me in it's heat.

I can sit on a beach and be fine with it - I just need to go into the water or the shade often. I don't burn especially bad or anything, but again, too much sun-beating-down heat just bothers me.

I'm also completely nocturnal. It's 3:39 AM right now, and I'll up up for a couple more hours.

Fall and Spring would be my favourite seasons, for sure. Moderate temperatures work nicely for me.

EDIT: Oh yeah. And I feel ESPECIALLY at home in the fog. I can be out one a clear night, and feel creeped out and unnerved in some areas, but going back to those same places when it's foggy, I always feel tranquil. Strange...

Cool and misty fit me fine...the old eyes can't take the sun and medium temps are better for sleeping...can't deal with sweating in the rays...can only stand it if its dry and breezy and i've had a toke...

coldness makes my brain more clear + when it's light, i get a smile on my face. i hate nothing more than hot, damp weather

It's gotten up to 40 degrees when I was in a town here in B.C. called Osoyoos. It's actually a desert - the only one in Canada. I was only able to survive 'cause it cooled right down at night. There was also a few terrific thunderstorms there...

Originally posted by Blackspirit
I'm feeling good when it is really
dark and cold outside...
When everything outside is sort of hostile....
Then I can enjoy sitting inside looking out.....
I also like to go out in total darknes...
I don't really like the days...the light is so
different outside than inside >:eek:P

I agree with Blackspirit :)

But I hate summer..it's so awful,especially when you have to live in a town and not on a mountain...
The sun is so annoying and blinding during the summer....and all those idiots look at you so strangely when it's 27463496549365 degrees outside and you keep going out wearing black clothes :loco:
I hate beaches and swimming and sitting on the sand...maybe because I always get so burned *yuck*
Last summer I went swimming only twice,and both times late in the afternoon...The sea was brrrrr fucking cold,but at least I didn't got burned :D
When it's cold there's nothing better than a long walk :)
I guess I am a nocturnal winter soul....Someday I'll buy a house up on a high mountain or somewhere in Scandinavia
:)

I'm a night owl myself- have been for all my life.

Somehow my brain chemistry perks up at night- i get happier, my creative juices get flowing- I become a serene artist at night, a madman on a mission.

This is one reason why I might like Winter a lot (shorter days). But in general I think there is something beautiful about all the seasons. And here in New York, each of them are vivid and distinguished.

I like night more than day,daytime it's too bright,and I don't like it. I like walking in the dark,in peace,when no one's around. You can think all kind of things in your life and so on. Besides everything looks much nicer when it's dark. Though it's always nice when the sun shines,it brings smile on peoples faces and it makes me happy.

I don't like when it's too hot and I don't like it when it's too cold. I can't stand the heat,I get headache of that,then I feel sick and it's not a lot of fun (been in California for a month...). And I don't like sweating. I hate cold too. It's only few minus grades here and I'm freezing! I'm just shaking all the time no matter what I wear,and it drives me nuts. It's never comfortable :mad:

Many similarities with the few exceptions. Yep! We're all human. :)

How about the quiet of 4 in the morning? The hour the world, not (most) humans, but the world wakes up. I don't see it too often. The last time was when I was camping. It's inspiring.

Then there's rain and snow. I love it when water falls from the sky. Well, huge hail balls can be a bitch, but other than that, the rain and snow are soothing. I'm like a cat in the sunlight when it rains ---> :zzz: I love the sound of falling rain. Add thunder and lightening though, and I feel alive. I love standing outside when it's snowing and (try to) listen to it fall. So peaceful.

One year, I went to go visit my mom in Florida during summer. :nauseated: I felt like I was put in an oven and set it on slow roast - FOR A MONTH. It was like sweat. Sweat. And more sweat. I lived in the shower. It was so foul. They kept telling me I had "think blood". That didn't help much. It actually sounded hotter." :lol:

"Dreary thoughts. My mind is set."

Originally posted by Melancholia

I guess I am a nocturnal winter soul....Someday I'll buy a house up on a high mountain or somewhere in Scandinavia
:)

You are welcome! :)

I have been to greece once... HEHE, those DAMN musquitos in the night.. fucking vampires :mad: :)

but they had cool mopeds! :loco: :heh: :loco:

Well, I know lack of light in the winter can cause SAD - seasonal affective disorder, a reason why most people are more depressed in the winter etc. :eek:

I must say I see the attractions of both - warm light summer evenings etc. and cold dark winter days when you are sitting inside and it warm, and outside its cold etc.

what are the stars?
there is the sun! the sun !!
and the most patient brilliance of the moon
and stars by thousands.

And as in sparkling majesty
a star gilds the bright summit of some gloomy cloud
brightening the half veilled face of Heaven afar.

So, when dark thoughts my boding spirit shroud,
Sweet Hope, celestial light round me shed
waving thy sweet influence over my head

------
i like the sun, it gives life more than anything. It amazes me you all prefer the dark. I can stand the heat, as well as the cold. This is what I like most: 12-15 degrees and a low wintersun. Belgian Autumn climate.
But Spring is even more majestic, when leaves grow on trees, the days get longer, and the birds come back; :):D

I love the feeling when you have stayed up all night and leave wherever you were staying when the sun has risen. It is absolutely ethereal. I am nocturnal by nature so it happens rather often and naturally that I stay up for the whole night and work on my art.

I love the night....the darkness, especially the cold nights.
I'm not happier in this atmosphere than in other, actually i'm not a happy person, but i feel good into a melancholic air, the night and the shadows inspire me for writting a lot of lyrics......

What can i say....i'm a depressive person....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn
I think I'm actually 25% Sea Otter.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Xtokalon
I'm a night owl myself- have been for all my life.

Somehow my brain chemistry perks up at night- i get happier, my creative juices get flowing- I become a serene artist at night, a madman on a mission.

This is one reason why I might like Winter a lot (shorter days). But in general I think there is something beautiful about all the seasons. And here in New York, each of them are vivid and distinguished.
I'm exactly the same on all of this. I'm a night owl, and I could never live in a place that doesn't get all four seasons. Fall is my favorite though.