Does DT depresses you?

Siren said:
Years of psychanalysis have come to no conclusion, and i didn't want to just blame it on some obscure childhood trauma. :p

I dislike rap because at the kindergarten I sat next to a boy who always kept talking endlessly with barely pausing for breath every 100th word or so and he scared the shit out of me. Really.

About explaining and discussing tastes, sometimes it can be very fruitful and interesting, but way too often it gets too tiresome and not very rewarding - which is why people rarely bother to explain their tastes on forums like this. I can talk about my tastes a lot, but rarely can write anything sensible about the subject.

-Villain

DragonLady1 said:
they dont depress me, no way... but some songs are really melancholic and dark, and I like this feeling a lot in music... specially "of melancholy burning", "lethe", "emptier still" or "auctioned" are very intense...

Good answer.

DT have a great melancholy feel to them which kind of depresses me, but in a good way. :)

Of course not. ;) In greek mythology, it's a river in Hades (the underworld) whose waters, when drunk by the dead, made them forget about the time they were alive.

Hence, Lethe=forgetfulness in all the reviews/interpretations we've made of that song.

Now, what does your sig mean? ;)

To me, their are parts of DT's music that are depressing. Like for example, when you've just got dumped by your gf and you listen to Hours Passed in Exile. Then for some reason, the end of Damage Done. That gets me pretty depressed/emo... to me theirs nothing wrong with getting emotional if something sounds beautiful. It's a tribute to the quality of the music. I'm not embarrassed to say I cry listening to music...

UndoControl said:
Of course not. ;) In greek mythology, it's a river in Hades (the underworld) whose waters, when drunk by the dead, made them forget about the time they were alive.

Hence, Lethe=forgetfulness in all the reviews/interpretations we've made of that song.

Now, what does your sig mean? ;)

Thanx, that explains everything. Cool...

My signature means:

My name is Daniel Josephy -Håvard Hedde-
And I am such a handsome guy
Now I want to go and get married
And clear a place for a farm

I live up-under mountains
And the girl I have pledged myself to
I didn't let her down either

Yes, the farm is small
But the forest is good
There I have two pines
And they shall stand in peace

Its from a group called STORM, the play Norwegishe-Folk Musik :Spin: . Black-metal Style. It's really quite a gut group, I really enjoy listening to them. Makes you want to grab a beer and sing happily with yer firends. :Spin:

@ From Here to Death: I also cry a lot when listening to certain music. Somethimes with Therein (another word that I don't understand as a matter of fact...is it There In or did they just united the words for fun? Or does it have another meaning?)