Does Halo PC run like fucking shit for everyone else?

yes it does. its a poorly programmed port of an awesome game, but when you get it to run its amazing. especially multiplayer. its basically the one reason i got a 9800xt, and 1 gig ram, because it bought my P4 2.8ghz + 9600 pro + 512mb dual channel DDR to its knees.

PC port was very dissapointing IMHO. It runs like shit despite the lack of upgrades to textures/animation, and the single player shoulda been revised, boost the AI, add more open spaces, jack up the battle scenes, include the new weapons....especially considering the wait.

they did a shitty job of porting it. it's difficult to run, which is pathetic considering that it's a mere port and they took forever to get it on the market. FPS isn't good either. the graphics are nothing compared to what will be offered by the new doom and half life games, and farcry. i've played this game about 70% through so far, and i wouldn't give it higher than 8/10. the indoor levels are some of the most generic crap ever.

i recently picked up Farcry on the recommendation of someone on another board, and it beats the shit out of Halo. incredible outdoor environments, cutting edge graphics. it's a hog, of course, but i plan to be running it on 1600 x 1200 with everything turned on next week(geforce 6800 ultra).

Thats kinda odd, being as my Athlon 2.06Ghz, GeForce FX 5200 and 512mb RAM (DDR) had absolutely no problem running Halo. Occasionally the framerate got a bit choppy in the larger battles on single player, but other than that, it was fine.