Does your (local) radio play Opeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamReptar

Yar be pirating
Mar 27, 2006
Somewhere...
So as I'm looking for new mates to jam with I run across this ad on craigslist:

Guitarist looking for heavy/thrash metal band (petaluma)

I am 17 and have been playing guitar for 3+ years.

I'm looking for an already existing heavy/thrash metal band to join or drummer/bassist/guitarist to start a new band.

looking for chill people, no lames. Must have own equipment.

My favorite bands include: Pantera, Slayer, Testament, Megadeth, Lamb of God, Sepultura, Down, Alice In Chains, Meshuggah, Hatebreed, Soulfly and many others (I also love all the classics such as: led zeppelin, zz top and other mellower bands)

No Shitty Metal! I Hate all this new metal shit like most of the stuff they play on the radio and bands like As I lay Dying, Atreyu, 3 Inches of BLood, Opeth, Norma Jean etc... I could go on forever

Im only looking for serious, reliable people who are truly dedicated to being in a band. I'm NOT looking for people just to jam with.

ALL I WANT TO DO IS PLAY METAL!

First of all......:err::err: o_O :rolleyes::p

Secondly, there is no radio station out here that has ever played Opeth.

Third, I wish I could find a radio station that kicked ass enough to play Opeth.

At first I thought you were posting your own ad, I was about to rip you a new asshole.

the day 3iob and opeth get radio play pigs will fly.

I don't listen to the radio too much, but once when I turned it on Ghost of Perdition started playing. On a national channel. I was a bit surprised. :)

What a fucking idiot. He should probably die very soon.

I heard Ghost of Perdition on XM channel 42 liquid metal while checking in a new car (I work for Honda) once. But thats it.
Good for them for getting on some kind of radio, they deserve it 10x more than the shit that plays on that channel...mostly american shit screamo bullshit.
Edit: Didn't see you included Opeth in that list of shit. You have a spot reserved in heaven for that. I mean that in a bad way of course.

There is a college radio station here in San Jose (2 hrs. South of Petaluma - The original craigslist post) called 90.5fm KSJS, and sometimes 107.7 The Bone SF rock station has a show friday nights called "The Bone Metal Zone" All the metal dj's play Opeth and 3 Inches of Blood and most likely heard Opeth on the radio that way. That kid sounds like an ignorant dumb shit.

It's not so much that I care about his opinion, it's just he has Opeth in the middle of a list of bands that they(Opeth) sound NOTHING alike.

"Yeah Opeth AND Norma Jean....GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!"

Oh and we play all kind of metal on our college radio. That doesn't count :p

as if Lamb of God are amongst the classic trashers ... pretty new shit according to me.

but yeah, over here Opeth sometimes is played very late at night on some metal programme, but that's about it.

LOG is lame ass compared to Opeth and 3IOB. And no local radio stations play anything worth listening to, except the 1 hour of metal on monday nights one of the stations has here, and even that has like 3 good songs every week.

How can u like class acts like Alice in chains...and not Opeth.....both bands are one of my favs......plus they have similar dynamics in their songwriting....o well....some ppl...PEAC EOUT

Who cares? I don't think Opeth's going to care either way. I haven't listened to radio since 90'. Not even XM or Sirius. When my drummer picks me up to go to practice, I make sure I bring some cds with me, so I don't have to cringe at his XM radio. The bands you like, just go buy their albums. I stopped depending on radio in the late 80's to keep me informed. They rarely played the bands I liked, anyway. There's plenty of metal mags, and people here, that'll let you know what's up. Fuck radio.

This is freakin lame....why are u guys ragging on a lil random kid who doesn't like Opeth....its not like he came and posted here.....next thing...we search the internet for any opeth bashers...adn post their posts here....!!!!.....lets not bring more hate into this forum..we already have enough...!!!!....PEAC EOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.